A treadmill that will without a doubt take your fitness level up a notch, the Commercial X22i by NordicTrack is made to help you see faster success with any workout program plan. What’s unique about this treadmill is the incline feature, which goes all the way up to 40% incline, giving you a hybrid workout that is almost more like a treadmill and a stepper. This steep of an incline will torch calories, all while keeping your joints protected.
With other perks such as a 22-inch HD touchscreen which pivots and tilts, built in speakers and fan, as well as a 3.6 CHP motor, you’ll be very impressed with what this model has to offer. Having been freshly updated for 2022, the new model features faster incline and decline with AutoAdjust Technology, as well as improved heart rate monitoring via ActivePulse Technology, 30-watt speakers, and a slightly larger frame. Purchase comes with a complimentary pair of adjustable dumbbells worth $349 as well as 30 days of the iFit workout app.
Whether you are a walker looking to up your walking game or a serious runner, you can find your place with the Commercial X22i.
|Model||NordicTrack Commercial X22i|
|Deck||22” x 60”|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||Bluetooth-enabled and ActivePulse|
|Dimensions||81” x 39” x 76”|
|Display||22 inch SMART HD Touchscreen|
|Warranty||Frame: 10 years |
Parts and electronics: 2 years
Labor: 1 Year
Rating: 96.1/100. All in all the Commercial X22i is a fantastic machine for those who are looking to take their workout up a notch. We really like the fact that it can incline to such a high degree, way beyond what most normal treadmills on the market can do. Using an incline as you walk or run is one of the best ways to dramatically raise the intensity of the workout without increasing the impact on the joints. It’s also possible this way for walkers to get as intense of a workout as runners.
This treadmill also comes with such a huge touch screen that you will really feel like you’re right there in a workout session when you stream live broadcasting with your iFit membership. While most treadmills on the market give you a 7- or 9-inch screen, this one smashes through that to give you the best user experience possible.
The motor is also something that you’ll want to take note of. It offers a 3.6 continuous horsepower motor, which will keep you going no matter how fast or hard you choose to workout. This is essential, especially in a commercial setting since multiple users may engaging in using this machine. If the motor is not up to par, it becomes hard to run continuous workout sessions over time.
One thing you do want to take note of however is that to utilize the full features that this machine offers, you will need an iFit membership. While your first 30 days is included in the cost of the machine, beyond that you will have to carry this on your own and the membership is $39 per month and can provide access to four different users. While it is a small price to pay for the value that it will bring to this machine, it is an ongoing cost to know about when making purchasing decisions. This membership does come with terrific personal training benefits however that extent beyond just running and can also coach you through strength training and even nutrition topics as well. That said, the machine does work in manual mode and users can still operate it without an app.
On the drawback side of things however, this treadmill does only come with a max user weight of 300 lbs. Now this may seem fine as most people using it are below this limit, do keep in mind that this can be a determinant of stability. If you are even nearing the 300 lb. mark and are at 250-270 pounds, you may notice the machine feels a bit shaky and less stable while you are using it.
Generally speaking, the higher the weight limit, the sturdier the treadmill will feel so it’s always nice to see machines that go up to 350 to 400 lbs.
Let’s look at a list of pros and cons associated with this treadmill.
- Very large HD touchscreen which tilts and pivots to make the user experience very pleasurable
- Incline capabilities from a 5% decline to a 40% incline. This is far greater than most other treadmills on the market, giving this one a firm advantage. A 40% incline might very well be the deciding point for some here.
- A great iFit package with automatic incline and decline adjustments via the trainers and programming.
- This treadmill gives you the ability to do sled pushes by gripping the handlebars and putting the treadmill on a very low speed. This is a fantastic way to build total body strength and endurance
- The powerful motor will keep up to just about any workout you dish out. The fact that it’s a high power motor and continuous ensure that it won’t sputter out on you no matter what you have planned for your session.
- You’ll enjoy staying cool with the built in fans that come with this model and on top of that, the treadmill also contains self cooling mechanisms to prevent overheating.
- The new model brings improved 30-watt speakers and the ActivePulse Technology heart rate monitoring to augment the Bluetooth strap capabilities.
- Storage space isn’t super huge with this treadmill so while you do get a bit of room, it may not be as roomy as other treadmills on the market.
- The user weight capacity is on the lower end of things, so heavier individuals may find this treadmill a bit less sturdy to be on. This can also mean it may break down more easily due to the less durable build.
- This is a larger model than last year’s at 81″ x 39″ x 76″ and 505 lbs. in-box weight. You’ll definitely need help setting this up in your home and an upstairs room is probably a bad idea.
The NordicTrack Commercial X22i is a fantastic treadmill for walkers and runners alike who want to try out a number of new workouts and take their workout performance to their personal limit.
With a whopping 40% incline, you simply have so much potential for fitness development and you’ll also enjoy the fact that you can exercise without so much pain in your joints. Flat ground running can be quite a burden, even with a good cushioning system but walking on an incline is much easier on the joints and will have you feeling great every single workout you do.
This machine also brings you a luxurious HD touchscreen that when coupled with the iFit capabilities it offers, will make it seem like you are doing a live workout right in front of your very own eyes. The speakers only add to the effect, and you may just feel like you are right there with an instructor sitting in front of you.
Because it does come with iFit, this means you have access to over 16,000 streamed workouts created by certified instructors with more being added every single day.
Want to forgo your membership after your year long trial has expired? No problem. You can still work the treadmill in manual mode or park it in front of a smart television set, use the Bluetooth features for other entertainment, or just listen to music.
NordicTrack Commercial X22i Features
The main features of this treadmill include a 3.6 continuous horsepower motor that will keep going no matter what workouts are taking place. It also offers the ability to program four users into the machine so it’s a great one for families looking to get it all at once.
The cushioning system is also an advanced model and will absorb impact with every single step you take, while still mimicking the feel of a real life road run.
You’ll get heart rate tracking by simply placing your hands on the sensors, so this allows you to keep good tabs on what’s happening at all times with your workout session.
Furthermore, the treadmill does offer a standard belt size at 22 by 60 inches, so will accommodate to most users. Only those who are extra tall will need to look into a longer belt size as they may find this one on the slightly smaller side.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you watch YouTube on the NordicTrack X22i?
The machine is not designed to access YouTube but reviewers have commented that the interface can be re-routed to achieve this.
How heavy is the NordicTrack X22i?
The machine weighs 505 pounds in-box.
How do you use the NordicTrack X22i?
With a 3.6 CHP motor and 40% incline/5% decline capacity, the NordicTrack X22i can be used for any cardio purpose from slow walking to marathon training and High Intensity Interval Training.
Is NordicTrack X22i worth it?
Priced at $3,299, the NordicTrack X22i is certainly among the more expensive units on the market, but few compare to the potential offered here. With 40% incline there’s really no limit to the style of training afforded. But for users who simply want to walk on a treadmill, this would probably be too much.
What is the difference between the NordicTrack X22i and X32i?
The X22i sports a 22″ screen whereas the X32i brings a 32″ device. Another major difference is in the belt size, with the X22i bringing 60″ to the X32i’s 65″ in length. This would be a significant factor for taller runners with longer strides.
Does the NordicTrack X22i screen move?
Yes, the screen does tilt and pivot.
Warranty & Guarantee
Warranties across the NordicTrack model range have been standardized recently from top to bottom, and include a 10-year frame warranty, 2 years on parts and electronics, and 1 year on labor.
Apart from the really only serious drawbacks with the maximum weight of this treadmill, it is a fantastic machine that has a lot to offer just about every user imaginable. Whether you are beginner or advanced, you will find your place with this treadmill.
Because of all the many different programs that are offered, boredom will be a thing of the past with your workout sessions and you should find that you are able to make continuous progress at all times. The worst thing you can do for your fitness goals is repeat the same workout over and over again and this treadmill ensures that doesn’t happen.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturers site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2022 (January 2021 release)
- Improved HD Touchscreen: New features include the ability to tilt and pivot the screen, as well as new 30-watt speakers in the sound system.
- Faster Incline/Decline: New AutoAdjust Technology makes the jog up and down hills smoother.
- Better Heart Rate Options: The new ActivePulse Technology brings interactive heart rate training to the game.
- Better Delivery Options: The company now offers better in-home assembly as well as delivery options. This is definitely a plus considering the size of the unit.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on the X22i are smoother and quieter than ever, and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your own playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill, so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.