Meet the champ! The Commercial 2950 is NordicTrack’s premium treadmill for any workout intensity. Optimized for iFit Coach treadmill workouts, the 2950 has a 22” HD touchscreen and a track with power incline/decline to mimic outdoor routes. High-end performance features include a 4.25 CHP motor, 40 on-board workout programs, and Runners Flex™ Cushioning. Durable and high-performing, this machine is ready to handle a full household’s exercise needs.
NordicTrack has launched their 2021 update to the treadmill with a host of improvements. It now has faster graphics processing and improved dual-band WiFi connectivity to improve streaming quality of live and on-demand workouts. They have also expanded the treadmill’s Bluetooth capabilities, allowing users to pair their Bluetooth headphones to the treadmill in order to listen along to interactive training sessions. The incline drivers have been upgrades as well, and run much more quietly than they have in the past. The 1-year iFit membership that comes with the treadmill is now a family membership that allows for multiple users.
|Model||NordicTrack Commercial 2950|
|Speed||0 - 12 mph|
|Incline||-3 - 15%|
|Deck||22" x 60"|
|Belt||Runners Flex Cushioning|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||EKG Grip Pulse|
|Dimensions||79.5” L x 39.2” W x 66.6” H|
|Display||22” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Warranty||Frame: 10 years|
Motor: 2 years
Parts: 2 years
Electronics: 2 years
Labor: 1 year
Pros & Cons
- Display: Large 22″ HD touchscreen
- Workout Variety: 40 built-in workout programs
- iFit-enabled: Delivers unlimited workout program downloads with a free 1-year family membership
- Spacious: Roomy exercise surface (22″ x 60″)
- Power incline and decline: Includes -3% decline as well as +15% incline
- Powerful Motor: 4.25 CHP DurX motor
- Flex Cushioning: Runners Flex™ Cushioning with soft and firm settings
- Quiet: WhisperQuiet deck
- Easy Folding: SpaceSaver frame with EasyLift™ Assist design
- Assembly: It isn’t quick or easy, so plan to spend extra for pro assembly service
- Customer Service: This is sometimes slow to send replacement parts
The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 allows you to tour the world with iFit Google Maps routes from the comfort of your treadmill. Motivation is easy to find with 22” widescreen views. From its advanced deck to the enticing console, the new 2950 is built to support diverse treadmill workout goals like managing weight, toning your body, building speed and endurance, and improving cardiovascular health. This model is NordicTrack’s top-of-the-line treadmill for 2021.
When you first meet the NordicTrack 2950, you’ll be wowed by its appearance; its flat screen is wonderfully wide and has HD resolution, allowing you to view iFit interactive training videos and running trails in full view and clarity. But it’s not just the supersized display and iFit capability which make the 2950 one of our favorite treadmills on the market. High-quality performance features include a powerful 4.25 CHP motor and an extra-roomy workout surface for runners, power incline/decline to kick up calorie burn for walkers, and a WhisperQuiet deck to minimize the volume of your footfall.
Workout programs control a treadmill’s speed and incline. Most home treadmills have diverse preset programs, and the best treadmills let you save personalized programs too. With NordicTrack’s 2950 you get exceptional variety:
- Unlimited programs are available with an iFit Coach membership (of which you get a 1-year free family membership included with your purchase)
- Forty workout routines are built into the console
iFit Coach provides you with infinite workout program possibilities, as well as delivering customized workout suggestions too. Choosing a program is easy and the coaching stays relevant even as your fitness goals and activities advance. If you use iFit to treadmill train with Google Maps Street Views, the Commercial 2950 track will tilt to replicate the terrain you are viewing on your 22” screen. Set new virtual training paths and explore the world; you can try a new workout anytime and go anywhere.
As well as Google Maps routes, iFit Coach also provides interactive videos with world-class personal trainers and classic personal training that’s built to your specific goals for calorie burn, speed, and elevation.
The 40 built-in exercise programs on the Commercial 2950 were designed by a certified personal trainer. Each program is optimized for one of four treadmill workout goals: calorie burn, interval training, speed training, and heart rate control.
The standout feature of the new Commercial 2950 treadmill is the 22” touchscreen which supports high-def images for your workouts. The 2950 also has a ledge to support your own tablet computer or smartphone during workouts if you’d prefer. There’s also an auxiliary music port for connecting your smartphone to listen to workout guidance, music or podcasts through the set of 3” speakers built into the console.
Ready for runners, the 2950 Treadmill has a roomy 22” x 60” workout surface and supports sprinting speeds of up to 12 mph. Its runner-ready cushioning (which they call Runners Flex™ Cushioning) can be activated to bring about 30% improvement in joint protection or deactivated for a more road-like workout surface. What’s more, it’s a quiet run; the 2950’s WhisperQuiet deck technology helps absorb the sound of your footfall to help make the treadmill home-friendly.
A set of AutoBreeze™ workout fans is provided for climate control; they can automatically adjust to match your workout intensity or you can set the fan speed manually. Other amenities include an integrated tray below the console for your water bottle or phone.
To help make the most of your living space, treadmills in the NordicTrack Commercial Series can easily be folded after a workout.
Questions & Answers
- What are the 40 programs that come with the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill? In addition to the traditional programs typically found on a treadmill, this machine features custom and manual options. These programs were designed by certified professional trainers, optimized for one of four workout goals: calorie burn, interval training, speed training, and heart rate control.
- Do all workouts include a personal trainer? Personal training is available through the iFit program largely to the user’s discretion. With nearly unlimited program options, users will never lack for an opportunity to work with trainers if they so choose. That said, there are still options to simply exercise solo if that’s desired.
- Does the screen on the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill tilt? Yes, up and down about two inches.
- Can I stream movies with Wi-Fi on the screen? The machine’s screen is designed to work with the iFit progrm, however there are past users reporting they’ve been able to bypass that system and enable the screen to work with other entertainment apps.
- Do I need a running pad to put beneath the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill? A lot of that depends on the type of flooring involved. While not necessary, a running pad can certainly help maintain the floor and prevent dust build-up.
- What is the difference between the NordicTrack Commercial 2950, 2450, and 1750 treadmills? The 1750 starts out with a 3.75 HP motor and a 10″ screen, where the 2450 offers a 4.0 HP motor and 14″ screen. The 2950 features a 4.25 HP motor and 22″ screen.
Warranty & Guarantee
The factory-direct NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill warranty package includes the following coverage:
– Frame: 10 years
– Motor: 2 years
– Parts & Electronics: 2 years
– Labor: 1 year
NordicTrack also gives a 30-day money back guarantee.
The new Commercial 2950 with 22” screen and iFit Coach is NordicTrack’s most advanced treadmill in terms of mechanics and electronics. With enviable tech and a spacious yet foldable frame, it’s a good fit for just about any trainee and home workout area.
Buying this model does mean you’re paying a premium for nonessential features like the widescreen display. Cost-conscious shoppers should look elsewhere for a machine that provides a similar workout experience without all of the expensive bells and whistles. However, if it suits your budget you won’t regret it.
Overall, it’s an excellent machine for home gym enthusiasts who value high-end electronics and for whom cost is not an issue.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturers site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on the 1750 are smoother and quieter than ever, and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your own playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill, so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.
- Expanded iFit Offer: In previous years, these treadmills would come with an individual 1-year iFit family membership, but for 2021 these memberships have been upgraded to family memberships—perfect for households with multiple runners.
- Faster Connectivity: Faster dual 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity means a more immersive and enjoyable experience.
- Better Trainer Interactions: With enhanced automatic trainer control, the machine makes it easier for trainers to adjust the speed and incline while using the iFit workout program.
- Upgraded Platform: Built with the new Android 9 OS, the machine offers the latest in operational technology.