Meet the champ! The Commercial 2950 is NordicTrack’s premium treadmill for any workout intensity. Optimized for iFit Coach treadmill workouts, the 2950 has a 22” high-def touchscreen and a track with power incline to mimic outdoor routes. Its supersized screen is also web-enabled for entertainment and multi-tasking; an Android browser is included. High-end performance features include a 4.25 CHP motor, a high top speed, and Runner’s Flex cushioning. Read on for our full Commercial 2950 review!
|Model||NordicTrack Commercial 2950|
|Speed||0 - 12 mph|
|Incline||-3 - 15%|
|Deck||22" x 60"|
|Belt||Runner's Flex Cushioning|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||CardioGrip™ Heart Rate Monitor w/ Polar® Wireless|
|Dimensions||72.25" x 34" x 72"
|Display||10" Web-Enabled Touch Screen|
Parts: 5 Years
Electronics: 5 Years
Labor: 2 Years
Rating: 96.8/100. Tour the world from your iFit Coach treadmill! Motivation is easy to find with 22” widescreen views on the NordicTrack Commercial 2950. From its advanced deck to the enticing console, the new 2950 is built to support diverse treadmill workout goals like managing weight, toning your body, building speed and endurance, and improving cardiovascular health. This model is NordicTrack’s top-of-the-line treadmill for 2018.
When you first meet the NordicTrack 2950, being wowed by its appearance is natural. Its flat screen is wonderfully wide – more than double the standard – and has HD resolution. It can show the web, but it’s primarily for optimizing scenery in iFit Coach workout programs. Each day an iFit treadmill home screen shows new workout previews. Snapshots show destinations ranging from tropical coastal paths to snowy mountain peaks… so you can always count on scenic ready-to-go choices that keep you interested in home exercise.
Once you know the 2950 Treadmill, you appreciate lots more than the supersized display and iFit Coach. High-quality performance features include a powerful 4.25 CHP motor and an extra-roomy workout surface for runners; power incline and decline to rev up calorie burn for walkers; and a WhisperQuiet deck to minimize the volume of your footfall.
- 22″ HD touchscreen with web browser
- 40 built-in workout programs
- iFit Coach enabled for unlimited workout program downloads
- Spacious exercise surface (22″ x 60″)
- Power incline and decline (-3% to +15%)
- 4.25 CHP DurX motor
- Top speed 12 mph
- Runners Flex suspension (Soft and firm settings))
- WhisperQuiet™ deck
- Wireless heart rate transmitter
- Bluetooth audio connection and 3” speakers
- Three fans with adjustable speed
- SpaceSaver frame (Folding treadmill)
- Five-year warranty on parts and electronics
- Assembly isn’t quick; maybe plan to spend extra for pro assembly service
- Customer service is sometimes slow to send replacement parts
NordicTrack’s leading home treadmill is the Commercial 2950 with 22” web-enabled touchscreen. Durable and high-performing, it’s ready to handle a full household’s exercise needs. Below are details about workout programs and other features of the new Commercial 2950 Treadmill for 2018, which has an enhanced sound system compared with the previous model.
Workout programs control a treadmill’s speed and incline. Most home treadmills have diverse preset programs, and the best treadmills let you save personalized programs too. With NordicTrack’s 2950 you get exceptional variety:
- Unlimited programs are available with iFit Coach membership.
- Forty workout routines are built into the console.
iFit Coach brings literally infinite program possibilities. It makes customized workout suggestions too, so choosing a program is easy and the coaching stays relevant even as your fitness goals and activities change. Overall iFit Coach has workouts in three formats: Google Maps, interactive video and classic.
1. Google Maps: iFit Coach lets you treadmill train with Google Street View. Stroll through your own hometown online, and explore routes around the world: walk or run to experience distant coastlines, mountain paths, small towns, urban streets, national parks… As the landscape view changes on your 22” screen, the Commercial 2950 track will tilt to replicate the terrain!
The 2950’s touchscreen makes it easy to set a new virtual training path: Just tap a starting point and end point on the world map. iFit Coach also lets you choose from a workout menu that organizes scenic routes by speed, distance and elevation. You can try a new workout anytime with literally countless destinations.
2. Interactive Video: Similar to iFit Coach Google Maps workouts, iFit Coach interactive videos have scenic views that adjust to your workout pace. They’re filmed in high-def resolution, and each is created with a world-class personal trainer. The trainer occasionally appears on screen to share training tips or motivation. In some videos they offer optional cross training; the personal trainer prompts you to dismount from the treadmill occasionally for light weightlifting or other exercises.
3. Classic Personal Training: With iFit Coach you can make an unlimited number of classic-style personal training programs by simply drawing lines for speed and incline. These programs are similar to the 40 routines that are built into the treadmill, but they match your super-specific goals for calorie burn, speed and elevation.
The 40 built-in exercise programs on the Commercial 2950 were designed by a certified personal trainer. Each program is optimized for one of four main treadmill workout goals: calorie burn, interval training, speed training and heart rate control.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Features
The standout feature of the new Commercial 2950 Treadmill is a 22” touchscreen. This screen supports high-def images for your workouts, plus it has an Android browser; just tap the screen to toggle between views of your training program and the web. The 2950 also has a ledge to support your own tablet computer or smartphone during workouts.
New for 2018, NordicTrack Commercial treadmills have Bluetooth for connecting with an iPod or other MP3 player. A set of 3” speakers is built into the 2950 console.
Ready for runners, the 2950 Treadmill has a roomy 22” x 60” workout surface and supports sprinting at up to 12 mph. Its Runner’s Flex deck cushioning can be activated to bring about 30% improvement in joint protection, or deactivated for a more road-like workout surface.
WhisperQuiet deck technology helps absorb the sound of your footfall to help make the treadmill home-friendly.
Three AutoBreeze fans are provided for climate control. These are often considered the best in the home treadmill industry, as they can automatically adjust to your workout intensity. You can also set fan speed manually. Other amenities include water bottle holders and storage trays.
For safety a magnetic auto-stop key is included. The key can stop the track if you slip or step away from the machine while it’s running.
To help make the most of your living space, treadmills in the NordicTrack Commercial Series can easily be folded after a workout.
Warranty & Guarantee
The factory-direct NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill warranty package includes the following coverage:
– Frame: Lifetime
– Motor: Lifetime
– Parts & Electronics: 5 Years
– Labor: 2 years
NordicTrack also gives a 30-day money back guarantee.
The new Commercial 2950 with 22” screen and iFit Coach is NordicTrack’s most advanced treadmill in terms of mechanics and electronics. With high speed and a spacious yet foldable frame, it’s a good fit for just about any trainee and home workout area. Buying this model you’ll pay for nonessential features, including the widescreen display, but if it suits your budget you’ll unlikely have regrets! The five-year warranty on parts and electronics helps make the 2950 a competitive value.