Best Exercise Bikes of 2021
Time for a new indoor bike? You may already have your eye on a few, but the challenge is figuring out which one is right for you.
We’re here to help! Take a look at our Top 5 Best Rated Exercise Bikes chart below to compare the best value bikes on the market and save yourself time and money on your hunt. These top-ranked machines represent the main exercise bike categories: recumbent exercise bikes, upright stationary bikes and indoor cycle trainers. Each bike is extraordinary for its price class, but the selection is diverse in terms of budget and style.
For personalized exercise bike suggestions, refer to the drop-down menus above. Click away to find the best home exercise bike deals based on price, brand and type of bike.
Top 5 Best Rated Exercise Bikes
XTERRA Fitness AIR650 Airbike Pro
|Type||Indoor Cycle||Recumbent||Upright||Indoor Cycle||Upright|
|Resistance||24 Levels||40 Levels||25" Fan|
6 Fan Blades
|22 Levels||27" Fan|
9 Fan Blades
|Display||22" HD touchscreen||9" Backlit Blue LCD||LCD Screen||22" HD touchscreen||Performance Monitor LCD|
|Programs||iFit Coach||10||n/a||iFit Coach||7 (plus manual)|
|Pricing||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price|
What to Look for in an Exercise Bike
What should you look for when shopping for an indoor bike? Take a closer look at what the hottest bikes on the market have to offer based on our reviews.
- A Smooth Ride: If you’ve tried indoor bikes at the gym, you’ve probably experienced that uncomfortable, jerky feeling on a few models. Good news! That’s finally been remedied. The best upright and recumbent bikes currently on the market now offer at least 20-pound resistance systems, which supports significantly smoother rides. Do keep in mind that if you’re a heavier individual or someone who cycles at top speeds, you may want to look for a model with a 25-pound resistance system to keep things extra smooth.
- Excellent User Experience: The newest bikes in the 2020 line-up offer advanced consoles that contain data screens or HD touchscreens, a built-in dock for your smartphone or tablet, as well as AUX or Bluetooth speakers.
- Adjustable Handle Bars: Exercise bikes now come with adjustable handle bars to support your unique body shape and size. If you ever feel awkward while riding, this could resolve the issue.
- Real Bike Feel: The latest exercise bikes capture the feel of riding a standard performance or road bike. This helps your indoor bike training transfer over to biking outside or cross training.
- Secure Pedals: Newer models come with SPD pedals and toe cages to keep your feet nice and secure while riding.
More Exercise Bikes & Popular Alternatives
The cardio machines listed below are ranked by our FitRated review scores. Compare and contrast these different styles of machine to determine which one will best meet your personal exercise needs.
Alternative Low-Impact Home Gym Equipment
Not a fan of cycling? Not a problem! Check out these other cardio training options that are low impact on sensitive joints. These include Elliptical trainers, Bowflex TreadClimbers, and Max Trainers. All of these styles of machine are quite popular amongst professional gyms and home users.