If you’re in the market for a well-built exercise bike, you’ll definitely want to take a look at the NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle.
This bike comes with all the bells and whistles you need to both be fully challenged by your workout program and feel as comfortable as possible as you ride.
The NordicTrack S15i is unique in that it does have incline and decline capabilities, so this will give you a ‘real road’ type of feel. For anyone who is training for an actual road race, that will make this bike enjoyable.
|Model||NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle|
|Resistance Type||SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance|
|Drive System||Inertia-enhanced Flywheel|
|Frame||Commercial Grade Steel Construction|
|Seat||Padded and adjustable|
|Display||14” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Dimensions||55.75” x 22” x 61”|
Parts: 3 years
Labor: 1 year
Rating: 93.35/100. This bike really shines. First, you get a large 14” HD Touchscreen. This will make following along with any streamed programs you use easy- you’ll never feel like you’re straining your eyes.
What’s more is that the screen will actually swivel around so you can use it while you are off the bike to do strength training or a HITT workout. Since you can also stream guided strength training workout sessions, this makes it ideal for those who really do want to go that extra mile in order to reach their fitness goals. This is more than just a bike – it’s essentially a full workout machine.
Moving down the bike, you have a durable commercial steel grade frame that can support up to 350lbs. of user weight. This means that just about everyone should feel comfortable riding this bike, no matter what intensity level they want to reach.
You’ll also get an inertia-enhanced flywheel, which makes for a smooth user experience, and a SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance feature, so you can cycle in complete quiet.
The bike offers one touch controls so adjusting the resistance or incline is going to be easy as a push of a button. You’ll never have to interrupt the flow of your workout to achieve the resistance setting you need.
One of our favorite features of this bike is the fact that it offers decline and incline capabilities. This really sets this bike apart from others on the market as this is a relatively rare find and something that will help take your workouts one step further. By adjusting the incline, you can mimic riding up a real hill, giving you the illusion of an actual course that you may be cycling on race day.
Cycling downhill is also a great option if you are doing HIIT and want to really reduce the intensity level without necessarily taking the resistance way down.
There isn’t really anywhere that this bike falls short, expect for potentially not having a reading rack where you could place an iPad, phone, or book. With the large screen that it comes with however, most people are not going to find they really need one.
The labor warranty on this could also be slightly longer, however one year is quite standard in the industry so isn’t way off base.
- Comes with a large 14” SMART HD Touchscreen
- Gives you one year of free iFit membership when you purchase. This allows you to stream real life workouts from trainers all around the world as well as pre-programmed classes
- Comes with free weights, which you can use when you are off your bike to perform strength training exercises with.
- The screen will swivel around so you can easily follow along with your other cross training workouts used from the iFit membership.
- Use the Google Maps feature on this bike to ride anywhere around the world that you please. The large touchscreen makes this process extra enjoyable
- Has good incline and decline capabilities for a bike – which is a rare feature that you don’t often see
- Provides 22 digital resistance levels to choose from, ensuring that no matter how fit you are, you can still be fully challenged by this exercise cycle
- A tilting display so that you can adjust the screen to your own comfort level. This will help prevent any unwanted neck strain that could potentially leave you with a neck ache
- Has one touch controls so you can control your workout session with the quick click of a button. There will never be any unwanted interruptions in your workout routine.
- Comes with frame mounted transport wheels
- Has a silent magnetic resistance feature, so you can ride in complete silence as you go about your sessions
- The inertia enhanced flywheel provides a smooth and steady ride, giving you maximum user comfort
- While the bike does come with 3 lb. dumbbells to perform your strength training sessions with, this is not going to be nearly enough to challenge most individuals.
- After your iFit membership is over, you will have to pay a fee to continue on which is $39 per month. This is an ongoing cost that will have to be paid for as long as you continue to use the feature
- The bike comes with no pre-programmed options so if you don’t continue on with iFit, you will have to design your own programming
- The one-year labor warranty is a bit short, but quite standard for the industry
The NordicTrack Commercial S15i bike is a great choice for anyone who is looking to mimic real road experience. It comes with standard road bike pedals and seat, coupled with its ability to incline and decline as if you were riding up and down hills.
This bike also features a large HD Touchscreen that lets you stream a number of different workout sessions. This allows you to keep challenging yourself on this bike, as well as perform workouts that transfer over into cross training territory.
The bike comes with 22 levels of digital resistance, which makes it great for beginners as well as intermediate trainees. It doesn’t really matter where you are on your workout journey, you should have no trouble making good use of what this bike has to offer.
Comfort is a prime concern for NordicTrack and they don’t disappoint with this bike. It has one-touch controls which seamlessly allow you to adjust and adapt your workout session as needed and also give you a inertia enhanced flywheel to ensure the smoothest ride possible.
The NordicTrack Commerical S15i does not come with any pre-built workout programs, however does provide one year of iFit membership, which has thousands of different workouts you can choose from.
NordicTrack Commerical S15i Studio Cycle Features
This bike features the ability to customize your workout session, with 22 levels of resistance coupled with an incline and decline functionality.
It also has a swiveling screen that tilts for your convenience and will allow you to follow along as you do cross training workouts such as strength training or yoga.
Finally, it features top of the line construction with a commercial steel grade construction, frame mounted transport wheels, and a non-slip multi-position handlebar.
Warranty & Guarantee
This bike comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame, a 3-year parts warranty, and a one-year labor warranty.
Overall, there’s not a lot more you could ask for in a bike, making the NordicTrack Commercial S15i an excellent choice for just about everyone. It’ll be well suited to a beginner and advanced exerciser alike, so no matter where you are, you’ll love what you’re getting.
The bike offers unique features such as the incline and decline capability that you just don’t see on bike’s elsewhere that often, so that really sets it apart and will certainly attract many buyers who want this feature.
While it does have that ongoing iFit membership cost like any NordicTrack machine does after the first year, considering what you’d pay in personal training sessions for one year, we feel like this is more than affordable. When you invest in the Commercial S15i Studio Cycle, you can feel like you are making a wise purchase.