Best Landice Ellipticals of 2023
Ready to make the investment in an elliptical that’s built to last? Unlike most cardio machine companies, Landice manufactures their ellipticals, bikes, and treadmills in the USA. Family owned and operated since 1967, the New Jersey-based company is known for club-quality exercise and industry-leading warranties:
- E7 for home use with a lifetime warranty
- E9 for commercial use with a five-year warranty
Highlights include excellent biomechanics, top-notch durability, Bluetooth for integrating fitness apps, and optional brackets capable of supporting tablets between 7”-12” or flat screens up to 19”. Help is never far away. Having personally used both Landice’s online chat and phone customer support options, I can attest that you receive prompt attention, and all your questions/concerns are addressed. This undoubtedly contributes to the company’s A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Is the Landice brand elliptical machine checking all the boxes? Keep reading our in-depth Landice elliptical review to learn all about their three product categories and everything they have to offer.
Top 1 Best Rated Landice Ellipticals
Rating: 92 %
|Flywheel||11" diameter flywheel|
|Pricing||See Best Price|
Landice Ellipticals Buying Guide
The Landice Elliptical machine is made to last, and that’s why it costs more than many other brands in the market. For the serious fitness enthusiast, it can prove well worth the investment. You should definitely do your research before making such a substantial purchase, and we’ve rounded up some important durability information to help you make an informed decision:
- Compared with front drive and rear drive trainers, center drive ellipticals like the E7 and E9 have fewer parts that could wear down.
- Five hundred pound weight capacity is around double the average of between 250-300 lbs.
- Frame is made for commercial use featuring 11-gauge steel construction.
- Lifetime warranty for residential use gives you peace-of-mind your investment is protected.
Whether you’re looking for an elliptical machine for heavy use in a commercial setting or for a low-impact way to get your heart rate up in the comfort of your home, Landice has a high-quality solution to meet your needs for the long-term.
Landice Elliptical Electronics: Cardio vs. Achieve Control Panels
Cardio Control Panel for the Average Shopper
Let’s begin our in-depth Landice elliptical analysis by taking a look at the Cardio Control Panel. This well-engineered control center provides great training variety and lots of feedback. The Cardio Control Panel residential model features a five-year parts warranty, while the commercial versions are protected for three years.
Aside from the residential Cardio Control Panel’s ability to provide personal data and storage for up to four users, both the commercial and residential versions offer:
- Four motivational display screens
- Easy data entry keys
- Five built-in programs
- Five user-defined programs
- Time, distance, and calorie goal programs
- Balke, Firefighter, Army fitness tests
- Automatic Shift Transmission Technology
- Two built-in heart-rate monitoring programs
- Two user-defined heart-rate monitoring programs
- Interactive HRC with contact and wireless-chest-strap
- English or metric configurations
- Bluetooth compatibility
Achieve Control Panel for More Advanced Needs
If you’re willing to spend an extra $200, you can take advantage of more advanced features with the Achieve Control Panel. It offers everything the Cardio Control Panel brings to the table plus:
- Three extra built-in programs
- An extra user-defined program
- Two HIIT programs
- Two extra user-defined heart-rate monitoring programs
To learn even more about both control panels and data feedback, check out our complete E7 Elliptical Review.
Integration with RunKeeper through the Landice App
Syncing your mobile device through the Landice app, you can keep tabs on your progress in a number of exciting ways as well as enhance the enjoyment of each workout. Just s few features you can take advantage of through the integration of Runkeeper include:
- Seamlessly export training plans to your iCalendar
- Earn trophies when you meet goals and milestones
- Take advantage of pre-set workouts or create your own
- Stay social and competitive by tagging friends and sharing your successes
Landice Elliptical Categories
If you’re shopping for an elliptical machine to use at home, the residential category E7 offered by Landice is a durable option with protection you can count on. Made at the same quality-level as high-usage commercial products, Landice confidently offers a Limited Lifetime parts warranty.
Whether you expect light commercial use of less than five hours per day or more frequent activity as is common in gyms with paid memberships, Landice offers the E9 model. While if features the same quality construction as the E7 model, there are a couple of key differences:
- Due to higher expected usage, warranty is five years on parts, one year on labor
- Cardio Console doesn’t offer storage for specific users as it’s made for public use
The commercial-grade Landice E9 Rehabilitation Trainer is specially designed to meet the unique needs of sports therapy and physical rehabilitation centers. Unlike many comparable brands on the market, it enables both upper and lower exercise, a highly practical feature in holistic rehabilitative functionality.
Landice Elliptical Machinery 2021
Benefits of Center Drives
Elliptical machines typically come with the flywheel located either in the front or rear. Based on what the shopper is looking for, there are a few notable features to consider when comparing these options:
- Front Drive- Feels more like a stair climber
- Oftentimes less expensive
- Can increase incline possibilities
- Saves space
- Requires more frequent maintenance
- Can by noisy
- Rear Drive- Feels more like walking/jogging
- Smoother, more natural movement
- Requires less maintenance
- Less compact
- Usually more expensive
- Incline less steep
Landice ellipticals are among some of the newer models on the market featuring center drives. This allows for:
- Improved Ergonomics: Center drive machines promote good posture and a sense of secure balance. In contrast, front drive ellipticals sometimes encourage people to lean forward.
- Quiet Operation: Center drive ellipticals can operate especially quietly because their pedals don’t move along rails.
- Better Durability: Since there are fewer parts, center drives often require less maintenance
Key Elliptical Components
Before we wrap up, let’s take a moment to look at some key components that are important to consider before you buy.
The flywheel moves when you apply pressure to the pedals, and it’s responsible for controlling the 20 resistance levels offered on Landice elliptical machines. On average, they range between 12-30 pounds with higher weights offering more resistance levels and the ability to handle heavier loads. Both the E7 and E9 models feature a 20-pound flywheel controlled by magnets.
Speed and Resistance
Riders have 20 resistance choices from 60 to 400 Watts. Maximum speed is 11 mph.
Stride Length and Pedal Spacing
The pedal stride length is 21”. That can be a stretch for those who are significantly shorter than average, but, for most people, the gait feels natural. Pedal spacing is just 2”, which is good for hip comfort.The workout handlebars move in natural synchrony with the pedals.
Heart Rate Sensors
Heart rate sensors and resistance controls are built into the tips. Additionally, medical-grade side rails are included for safety. Wireless heart rate monitoring is available with a chest strap (sold separately).
Other amenities include a media rack, accessory tray, three-speed fan, and two water bottle holders.
Think the Landice elliptical is the right addition to your fitness arsenal? When you order, you’ll be faced with a few extra options, so let’s take a look at each so you’ll be prepared to make the most efficient use of your money.
- E7 Elliptical
- 7”-12” Tablet Bracket- $149.99
- Simple mount/dismount
- (Cannot be used with VESA-D bracket)
- VESA-D Bracket- $250
- Allows you to mount your own t.v. or computer monitor (up to 19”) to your elliptical
- 7”-12” Tablet Bracket- $149.99
- Light Commercial, Health Club, and Rehabilitation E9 Elliptical
- 7”-12” Tablet Bracket- $149.99
- VESA-D Bracket- $250
- Landice Vision System- $800
- 19″ Widescreen HDTV LCD screen complete with HDMI inputs, coaxial cable input, and a VESA-D Bracket for easy mounting
Landice Return Policy and Warranties
Landice elliptical parts and electronics feature a lifelong warranty for home use. and five-year warranty for commercial use. Labor costs are free for all customers during the first year of ownership provided that the machine is within 60 miles of a Landice retailer. Once assembled, Landice elliptical machines are not returnable for refunds. If a machine is defective, Landice will provide a replacement.
Our Verdict: Is a Landice Elliptical Right for You?
Are you searching for a residential elliptical machine capable of offering the quality necessary to facilitate long-term fitness goals? Could your light commercial or health club use some top-notch, USA-made equipment capable of keeping up with heavy use? If so, Landice should definitely make your list of top-contenders. Throughout the course of our in-depth Landice elliptical review, the primary qualities that remained consistent through hours of research and testing include:
- Top-rated warranty
- Industry-leading customer service
- Quality construction you can count on
Sure, you do have to invest more into a Landice elliptical, but you get what you pay for. There’s a reason Landice has remained a trusted brand by commercial gyms, physical therapy facilities, hospitals, fire departments, and pro sports teams: they prioritize quality and overall customer satisfaction for the long-term.