Best NordicTrack Ellipticals of 2020
NordicTrack is a pioneer in the home elliptical industry. Known for including motivational "extras" on machines with diverse prices and performance levels, this brand has great options for just about anyone. You can opt for light resistance or heavy resistance, incline or no incline, short strides or long strides… and for 2020 NordicTrack lets you choose from ellipticals with high-definition touchscreens. These 7-inch and 10-inch wide displays are ideal for viewing iFit Coach features such as HD workout videos, plus they have Android browsers.
Discount prices for NordicTrack ellipticals start around $749. The top model, which doubles as a low-impact treadmill, has a full price of $3,999 but often sells for more than half off. The warranty packages include parts and electronics coverage for one to six years depending on the model.
Use our NordicTrack ellipticals comparison chart below for help finding your best match. You can scroll down for more detailed guidance from our NordicTrack ellipticals buying guide.
Top 5 Best Rated NordicTrack Ellipticals
NordicTrack Commercial 9.9
NordicTrack C 9.5
Rating: 94.5 %
Rating: 92.3 %
Rating: 92.2 %
Rating: 92 %
Rating: 91.6 %
|Resistance||24 Levels||24 Levels||22 Levels||24 Levels||22 Levels|
|Stride Length||0" - 32"||18" - 20"||18" - 20"||0" - 32"||18" - 20"|
|Flywheel||20 lbs.||32 lbs.||25 lbs||20 lbs.||30 lbs|
|Pricing||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price|
NordicTrack Ellipticals Buying Guide
NordicTrack makes rear drive, front drive and center drive elliptical trainers for home gyms. Each design has advantages in terms of ergonomics and size. Let’s explore the advantages of each type of these elliptical trainers.
Why choose a rear drive elliptical machine? Many users find that these cardio trainers support the most natural motion. In fact, the rear drive was the first type of elliptical machine invented. The others were only devised later to get around patent protections. NordicTrack has paid for the rights to use the original rear drive design.
NordicTrack’s Rear Drive Series includes the SE7i and SE9i. Both models are SpaceSaver ellipticals, which means they’re foldable for storage. These are among the world’s most easily assembled ellipticals. Expect to have the job done in about 15 minutes!
- The SpaceSaver SE7i elliptical is often sale priced at a mere $999 and is best for beginners. The entry level features include grip sensors for heart rate monitoring, an 18-pound flywheel, and an 18″ stride length that’s best for not-so-tall trainees. Incline goes up to 8 degrees. This trainer has a 5″ display without touchscreen technology.
- The SE9i is frequently sale priced at $1,499. It also has an 18-pound flywheel and an 18″ stride. It’s an upgrade in terms of having wireless telemetry (including a chest strap) and a 7″ touchscreen with web browser. It has a slighter steeper incline than the SE7i, a maximum of 10 degrees.
These machines have good ergonomics for smaller trainees. Adults of average and taller heights might prefer one of NordicTrack’s other ellipticals since they support longer strides.
What are advantages of front drive ellipticals? Compared with rear drive ellipticals, front drive trainers require less space while in use. Some people find that they’re easier to mount and dismount too. The front drive ellipticals from NordicTrack also support more advanced challenge levels than the rear drive trainers and run even smoother. They support longer stride lengths too, up to 20 inches, so just about everyone can pedal without feeling constricted. That adjustability also lets you experiment with different elliptical paths to emphasize different muscle groups.
NordicTrack now features four front drive ellipticals ranging from the C 7.5 to the Commercial 14.9. With the exception of the C 7.5, all of these machines provide club-quality resistance for exceptionally smooth rides that accommodate all skill levels. The C 7.5 does offer respectable force for an entry-level elliptical though, equipped with an effective 20-pound drive.
A unique benefit of the premium Commercial 14.9 is its 10″ web-enabled touchscreen, which also gives access to iFit Coach (subscription required) and 35 free workout apps. It’s an expensive machine with a full price of $2,999, but NorticTrack often lists it on sale for half that.
Center drive NordicTrack trainers are called Mid-Mech Commercial Elliptical Machines. These are favored for their very compact designs and for helping trainees keep their balance relative to other ellipticals. Some users burn more calories with this type of elliptical because the design doesn’t encourage them to lean on the console for support.
The center drive ellipticals from NordicTrack are the A.C.T. Commercial, A.C.T. 7 and A.C.T. 10. Each is enabled for iFit Coach, has an 18″ to 22″ power adjustable stride, and maximum resistance of 23 or 25 pounds. The top two models support wireless heart rate monitoring and have web-enabled color touchscreens.
When deep discounts are in effect, you can order the A.C.T. Commercial for less than $900 including free delivery. The full is $2,999.
FreeStride Trainers have highly adjustable paths. They let you sculpt your body with a wide variety of low-impact stride lengths. Use them as stairsteppers, traditional ellipticals, and treadmill alternatives. Here are quick overviews:
- The FS5i displays workout progress on a 5″ screen. It can use iFit programming if you attach a tablet computer (not included). This model has a light flywheel (16 pounds).
- The FS7i has a power incline to 10 percent and a 7-inch HD touchscreen. Like the FS9i, it has a 20-pound flywheel.
- The FS9i is enhanced with a power incline and decline and paired with a 10-inch HD touchscreen for workouts. Paired with an iFit membership, it lets you virtually train just about anywhere worldwide and experience the actual ups and downs of terrain within a span of -10 to +10 degrees.
- The FS14i features power incline and decline as well as the largest HD screen in the series. The 14″ HD touchscreen allows for immersive iFit workouts.
When big online sales are in effect, the FS7i sells for less than $1,000 and the FS9i sells for less than $2,000. Their full prices are significantly higher, but the cost is justifiable since these high-end multi-purpose trainers could substitute for an entire home gym.
More NordicTrack Ellipticals
The following did not make the Top 5 NordicTrack Ellipticals, but are still worth a look: