The 1260sr is Diamondback’s top-spec recumbent bike for 2020. If you’re looking for a bike that’s up to light-commercial standards and is built for comfort, the 1260sr could be the model for you. Highlights include 32 levels of magnetic resistance, 15 workout programs, and adjustability at all angles. It also lets you connect to a range of fitness apps via Bluetooth to enjoy a connected ride on your tablet. You’ll be able to listen to your favorite workout tracks through the Bluetooth speakers, and accurately track your heart rate wirelessly. Read our detailed review of the Diamondback 1260sr below.
|Resistance Type||Magnetic Resistance|
|Drive System||25 lb. Flywheel|
|Heart Rate||Wireless heart-rate receiver|
|Max. Weight||350 lbs.|
|Dimensions||67"L x 30"W x 48"H|
Weight: 145 lbs.
|Warranty||Frame: Lifetime limited (5 years)|
Braking: Lifetime limited (5 years)
Parts: 3 years
Electronics: 3 years
Labor: 1 year (In-Home)
Wear Items: 90-days
Pros & Cons
- Workout Variety: Users have a variety of workouts at their fingertips with 12 preset programs, unlimited custom user programs, heart-rate-controlled training, watt, fitness test and more.
- Controllable Trainer: WATT and heart-rate-controlled workout programs automatically adjust the resistance for more effective training sessions.
- Interactive Training: The 1260sr allows you to keep on top of your stats within your favorite fitness apps. It works with any BLE FTMS compatible apps or wearable technology, enabling connected training via third party apps such as Zwift or SPIVI.
- Resistance: 32 levels of smooth and quiet magnetic resistance will provide enough challenge for a wide variety of users.
- Step-Through Frame: Easy step-in and out of the bike, for those who need extra assistance.
- Transport Wheels: To move the bike around for storage.
- Adjustability: The handlebars, seat, and toe straps can be adjusted.
- Bluetooth Speakers: Speakers are Bluetooth enabled and also have a music source input for your iPad, iPhone, iPod or mp3.
- Wireless Heart-Rate Monitoring: Wireless heart-rate receiver allows you to accurately track your heart rate with your own chest strap.
- Rear Handlebar Controls: Allow you to adjust the resistance without reaching for the console.
- Tablet Holder: For your tablet/smartphone, which you can charge via the USB charging port.
- Storage: Cup holders on either side of the seat for your water bottle.
- Warranty: Five years of coverage for the frame and braking, three years on parts and electronics, and a year of labor is a good enough warranty. Wear and tear items are only covered for 90 days.
- Military Discount: Diamondback offers a 10% military discount.
- Shipping: If you live in the 48 contiguous United States, you’ll get free curbside shipping.
- Assembly: Customers have noted that assembly can be difficult, and is easier with two people.
- No Screen: You’ll have to bring your own device to this bike if you want to experience connected fitness.
- No Fan: The 1260sr doesn’t have a cooling fan.
Updated for 2020, Diamondback’s top-of-the-line recumbent bike—the 1260sr—caters to a wide variety of users. Generally, recumbent bikes are ideal for rehab training. Whether you experience chronic pain or have connective tissue injuries, the 1260sr will be a solid choice. It will also suit those who are simply looking for a sturdy bike that delivers a low-impact workout. As it’s up to light-commercial standards, it can deliver a satisfying workout that’s still easy on the joints. This light-commercial quality and durability in combination with the interactive training capability and variety of resistance levels is enough to keep most riders challenged. The 1260sr has enough features to keep you motivated while being kind to your body.
For a bike in this category, the Diamondback 1260sr has a good variety of workout programs. The selection includes 12 preset programs, heart-rate-controlled training, unlimited custom-user programs, fitness test, watt and more. The bike’s one-click resistance dial lets you amend your resistance with ease, without interrupting your workout. Their older model—the 910sr—has double (32) the amount of onboard programs. However, this is probably because it doesn’t support interactive training like the 1260sr does. When we say ‘interactive training’ in relation to the 1260sr, we mean: smart training within the WATT and heart-rate-controlled programs, and connected fitness via Bluetooth/ third-party apps. The 1260sr functions as a controllable trainer within the WATT and heart-rate-controlled programs. Here, it automatically varies the resistance to mirror the changing intensity of your workout program. This way, you don’t need to manually change the resistance, and can instead stay immersed in your workout.
The 1260sr’s console can also connect to any BLE FTMS compatible app and wearable tech for activity monitoring. BLE FTMS can link to both Apple IOS and Android, allowing you to use third-party apps such as Zwift, Rouvy, Myzone, and SPIVI with your bike. Keep in mind that although the 1260sr is a smart trainer in regards to its own preset workout programs (WATT and HR), it cannot automatically adjust resistance when used with apps like Zwift and Spivi. On some smart trainers, fitness apps can control the trainer’s resistance to mirror a virtual ride’s location. This is not the case with the 1260sr. When using the apps with this bike, resistance must be manually adjusted by you using the red lever. That said, you still see your real-time workout stats within the apps.
The Diamondback 1260sr offers 32 levels of magnetic resistance from a 25-pound flywheel which ensures a smooth and quiet ride. As well as providing heart-rate contact sensors, the Diamondback 1260sr also comes with a Polar compatible wireless heart-rate receiver. You can use this with any non-coded Polar T31 or T34 wireless chest strap (not included). This more accurate data can then be used in the heart-rate-controlled training, and within the fitness apps. You can keep on top of your stats and change between workout programs via the 1260sr’s easy-to-use LED display. The console monitors, displays and saves all your essential rider data. This includes WATT output, calories, time, distance, RPM, load, speed, and heart rate. For interactive training, you will have to use your own tablet or smartphone. The 1260sr has a tablet holder for you to dock your device and USB charger to keep them charged. There’s also onboard Bluetooth speakers so you can stream your favorite workout playlists. You can also plug in your iPad, iPhone or iPod via the music source input if you prefer.
The 1260sr offers adjustability at all angles. It features adjustable handlebars and toe straps as well as fore and aft saddle position adjustment. The brand suggests that the bike can be adjusted to properly fit people approximately 5’3″to 6’7″. Rear handlebar controls allow you to amend your resistance levels without having to reach for the console. The step-through frame means you don’t have to lift your foot over the frame to step in or out of the bike. There’s also two cup holders attached to each side of the seat. The 1260sr is 67″ x 30″ x 48″ and weighs 145 lbs. It’s ideal for people between 5’3″ and 6’7″, and can hold up to 350 lbs..
Warranty, Shipping & Guarantee
The Diamondback 1260sr home-use warranty includes:
– Frame: Lifetime limited (5 years)
– Braking: Lifetime limited (5 years)
– Parts: 3 Years
– Electronics: 3 Years
– Labor: 1 Year (In-Home)
– Wear & Tear Items: 90 Days
If you live within the 48 contiguous United States you will receive free curbside shipping. Diamondback also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and a 10% military discount.
The Diamondback 1260sr is a solid recumbent bike that offers a stellar combination of light-commercial quality and comfort features. There are enough workout programs and resistance levels to keep you challenged and motivated as you progress. Keep in mind that the cheaper 910sr has double the amount of preset workout programs. But it doesn’t support connected training with third-party fitness apps or smart training within certain preset programs like the 1260sr does. There’s also the addition of Bluetooth speakers on the 1260sr, and it’s brought up to light-commercial standards. If you prefer a more tech-savvy workout—then out of these two bikes—the 1260sr will be the model for you.