The 1260ub is Diamondback’s only upright bike for 2020. If you’re looking for an upright exercise bike that’s up to light-commercial standards and has a few tech-savvy features thrown in, the 1260ub could be your perfect match. Highlights include an easy step-through frame, 32 levels of quiet magnetic resistance from a 25 lb. flywheel, and 15 onboard workouts. Other welcome features include Bluetooth audio speakers for you to listen to your favorite workout playlists, and a Polar compatible wireless heart-rate receiver for you to accurately track your pulse. Read on for our detailed review of the Diamondback 1260ub below.
|Heart Rate||Wireless Receiver|
|Display||4 LED Windows|
|Max. Weight||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||48" L x 24" W x 61" H|
|Warranty||Frame: Lifetime limited (5 years)|
Braking: Lifetime limited (5 years)
Parts: 3 years
Electronics: 3 years
Labor: 1 year (In-Home)
Wear Items: 90-days
The Diamondback 1260ub has a good combination of performance features, programming, and tech offerings for its sub-$1,500 price tag. As for the design, the 1260ub has a step-through frame allowing for easy access; users don’t have to lift their foot over the frame to get on this bike. And with a user weight capacity of 350 lbs. and recommended height range between 5’3″ and 6’7″, it’s suitable for a wide range of trainees including taller users. The seat allows for fore and aft adjustments so users in this range can find their perfect fit. Although users under 5’3″ can use the bike, it won’t be as comfortable a ride, as the handlebars and seat cannot be adjusted to properly fit below the recommended height range.
As for workout programming, the 1260ub’s LED display can store up to four user profiles and has 15 workout programs built in. These include 12 preset programs, as well as heart-rate-controlled (HRC) training, custom programs, watt, fitness test and more. Although there are heart-rate sensors on the handlebars, we would recommend taking advantage of the 1260ub’s Polar compatible wireless heart-rate receiver. Just connect your own Polar T31 or T34 (non-coded) chest strap (sold separately) and get to work in a HRC training program. You can keep on top of your workout stats via the 1260ub’s LED console. It displays essential rider data including WATT output, time, distance, calories, RPM, load, speed, and heart rate. The display consists of 4 LED windows, so although far from a high-tech screen, it does show and track all the data you need. We were happy to see the addition of quick controls on the handlebars for you to make changes to the 32 levels of magnetic resistance on the fly. This is a good variety of resistance levels. The force comes from a solid 25 lb. flywheel. The addition of Bluetooth speakers is also welcome, as you can listen to music or podcasts as you ride, wirelessly. Dig into the pros and cons of the 1260ub below.
Pros & Cons
- Workout Programs: 15 workout programs allow for a diverse training routine.
- Controllable Trainer: WATT and heart-rate-controlled workout programs automatically adjust your resistance for more effective training sessions.
- Flywheel: Heavy-duty 25 lb. flywheel for smooth performance.
- Resistance: Wide selection of resistance levels (32) will provide enough challenge for a variety of users. The frictionless magnetic resistance will deliver a smooth, quiet ride.
- Quick Controls: Buttons on the handlebars allow you to adjust the resistance without reaching for the console.
- Step-Through Frame: The 1260ub has an easy step-in and out frame design, for those who need extra assistance.
- Transport Wheels: To move the 1260ub around after workouts for storage.
- Adjustability: The oversized seat allows for a range of adjustments including fore and aft to accommodate users of different heights. The toe straps can be adjusted too.
- Bluetooth Speakers: As well as offering an audio jack, the 1260ub’s speakers are Bluetooth enabled.
- Wireless Heart-Rate Monitoring: Wireless heart-rate receiver allows you to accurately track your heart rate with your own chest strap (sole separately).
- Tablet Holder: For your device, which you can charge via the USB charging port.
- Storage: Cup holder underneath handlebars for your water bottle.
- Warranty: Five years of coverage for the frame and braking, three years on parts and electronics, and one year of labor is a good enough warranty. Wear and tear items are only covered for 90 days.
- Military Discount: Diamondback offers a 10% military discount.
- Shipping: If you live in the 48 contiguous United States, you’ll get free curbside shipping.
- Console: The 4 LED windows provide all your essential rider data, but nothing more. It’s not an interactive fitness experience.
- No Fan: The 1260ub doesn’t have a cooling fan.
- Upright Bikes: In general, upright bikes are not for everyone. Although the 1260ub has an easy step-through design and comfort features, getting on an upright bike and finding a comfortable position leaning forward may not be easy for someone with limited mobility.
Updated for 2020, Diamondback’s only upright bike for this year—the 1260ub—caters to a wide variety of fitness levels. Its light-commercial quality and durability in combination with the 25 lb. flywheel and 32 levels of magnetic resistance will be enough to keep most riders challenged. Dig deeper into the details of the 1260ub’s workout programming, features, and buyer protections below.
The Diamondback 1260ub has 15 workout programs. Although this isn’t a huge quantity, there is an inclusive variety. There are 12 preset programs, as well as heart-rate-controlled training, custom user programs, watt, fitness test and more. This will allow you to mix up your fitness regime enough without an outside connection. What’s more, the 1260ub can function as a controllable trainer within the WATT and heart-rate-controlled programs. Here, it will adjust the resistance of your bike automatically to mirror the changing intensity of your workout program so there’s no need to manually change your resistance. This way, you can instead stay fully immersed in your workout. If you want to ramp the resistance up manually, this can be done with ease via the handlebar controls.
Diamondback 1260ub Features
The Diamondback 1260ub offers 32 levels of magnetic resistance which ensures a smooth and quiet ride. The force comes from a 25 lb. flywheel. As well as providing heart-rate contact sensors, the Diamondback 1260ub also features a Polar compatible wireless heart-rate receiver. You can use this with any non-coded Polar T31 or T34 wireless chest strap (sold separately). This accurate pulse data can then be used in within the heart-rate workout programs for more efficient training. You can keep on top of your stats via the 1260ub’s LED display which consists of 4 LED windows. It tracks all your essential rider data including WATT output, time, distance, calories, RPM, load, speed, and heart rate. Just keep in mind that it is a basic display. It won’t deliver an immersive or interactive exercise experience, but will give you all the data you need for a solid workout.
For entertainment, the 1260ub has Bluetooth speakers so you can play your favorite workout playlists directly from your machine. You can also plug in your device via the music source input if you prefer. There’s a tablet holder and USB charger to keep your device charged.
The 1260ub will be a suitable fit for most trainees. It features an adjustable seat (all angles) and adjustable toe straps. Diamondback suggests the bike can be adjusted to properly fit those who are 5’3″ to 6’7″. It can also hold up to 350 lbs., so all in all, it will be a good fit for most trainees. Those under 5’3″, however, will not be able to adjust the bike to properly fit them. It is probably not a good match for you if that it is the case.
Warranty, Shipping & Guarantee
The Diamondback 1260ub home-use warranty includes:
– Frame: Lifetime limited (5 years)
– Braking: Lifetime limited (5 years)
– Parts: 3 Years
– Electronics: 3 Years
– Labor: 1 Year (In-Home)
– Wear & Tear Items: 90 Days
Live within the 48 contiguous United States? You’ll receive free curbside shipping. Diamondback also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, as well as a 10% military discount.
The Diamondback 1260ub is a solid upright bike that fuses light-commercial quality with a satisfying selection of tech-friendly features. Although quite limited in number, there is an inclusive variety workout programs to keep you motivated as you progress. These in combination with the 32 levels of resistance from a 25 lb. flywheel will deliver enough challenge for a wide variety of users. Just keep in mind that the console screen is basic. Don’t expect anything in the way of immersive interactive training on this bike as you would get on something like a NordicTrack or ProForm bike with a HD touchscreen and iFit. As opposed to flashy tech, quality and durability are the main focuses for the 1260ub, which certainly is not a bad thing.