Landice is offering $500 off all home equipment. Click anywhere on this box to get the deal.
Guaranteed for a lifetime with minimal maintenance, the Landice R7 has the best warranty of all recumbent bikes on our website. It’s made for shoppers happy to pay a premium for club-quality exercise at home.
This Made In the USA exercise bike is identical to the Landice R9 featured in health clubs. It has the same parts and workout programming, and it’s compatible with the 19” Landice Vision TV.
Details are below in our free Landice R7 review for 2018
|Resistance Type||Eddy Current Brake|
|Drive System||Front drive|
|Pedals||Self-balanced pedals with adjustable straps|
|Heart Rate||Contact heart-rate monitoring|
|Display||LED display with multiple feedback windows|
|Max. Weight||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||66"x 25"x 52"|
Parts & Wear: Lifetime
Labor: 1 year
Rating: 92.25/100. The Landice R7 ($3,295) with optional TV is a high-end recumbent bike for home use. Very adjustable, it lets a wide range of trainees find comfortable positions for seated cardio exercise. With 20 resistance levels too, it supports customized strength training for the lower body. You can control the R7 bike resistance and speed manually, or choose from up to 15 preset workout programs that automate the settings. The Landice R7 console can display your heart rate and give a constant readout of your cardio zone to help guide your exercise.
Compared with many alternatives the Landice R7 costs double or more. What makes this model special? Like all Landice gym equipment, it’s built to commercial standards in the USA. With top-quality parts and electronics, the R7 recumbent bike is guaranteed for a lifetime. Meanwhile most US-based fitness equipment brands have factories overseas. Their standards and quality control are often less impressive, and their recumbent bikes are rarely under warranty for more than five years. Cheap fitness equipment tends to have performance problems such as wobbling, squeaking and delivering unreliable feedback.
The Landice R7 is low-maintenance for owners. Simply vacuum or dust the exercise area monthly, and tighten the pedals occasionally. You can enjoy a lifetime of comfortable and effective cardio training that also helps keep your lower half toned and strong! This bike fits people of most heights and has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
- 100% commercial quality
- Lifetime warranty on parts & electronics
- Easy to access, even for people with limited motion
- High-backed seat with lumbar support and optional mesh construction to help keep you cool
- Seat adjusts up/down and forward/back to accommodate a wide range of rider heights
- 20 resistance settings
- 10 preset workout programs
- 5 user-defined workout programs
- Heart rate control workouts
- Compatible with wireless chest strap (sold separately)
- Touch heart rate sensors on handles next to seat
- Resistance controls on handles
- Optional 19” Landice Vision System TV with remote control; works with cable and on-demand programming
- Ledge to support a tablet computer
- Optional bracket to add your own TV
- 350-pound user weight capacity
- Arrives mostly assembled
- Has transport wheels at front of frame; lift rear of bike to reposition machine
- High price
- Lacks Bluetooth for connecting with mobile apps for fitness
The Landice R7 recumbent bike is built to a last a lifetime. It’s made in the USA from club-quality parts and electronics, all under lifetime warranty. Below are details about the R7 bike control panel, mechanical parts and industry-leading warranty.
Ten customizable workout programs are built into the Landice recumbent bike. Landice lists these in three groups:
- Goal programs are named Calories, Distance and Time. Extremely flexible, these programs have upper limits of 999 calories, 999 miles and 99 minutes each.
- Profile programs automate the speed and resistance in different ways. Their titles are Fat Burn, Hills, Interval, Mountain and Road. Road is the Landice term for “random” mode.
- Heart rate control programs let the R7 bike respond to your heart rate, helping you exercise within specific heart rate settings. Choose from Constant and Interval heart rate control programs.
Additionally you can save five new workout programs to the bike computer, or simply use the Landice recumbent bike in manual mode.
The R7 workout console has a dot matrix display. Its main window gives a choice of showing a resistance table or showing your progress around a ¼-track. The available statistics are:
- Elapsed Time
- Time Remaining
- Time in Heart Rate Zone
- Resistance Effort level (1 – 20)
- Distance logged in workout (Miles or kilometers)
- Heart Rate
- Target Heart Rate
Heart rate can show if you wear a chest strap or hold handles next to the seat. The monitor also shows Target Heart Rate based on the rider’s age. (Its default target rate is 135 bpm.)
- When you exercise within your target heart rate zone, the monitor will show green lights.
- If you fall to seven beats per minute slower than the target, yellow lights will show.
- If you exceed your target zone by seven beats per minute or more, red lights will show on the R7 console.
Landice R7 Features
Resistance for the Landice recumbent bike is magnetic. You can choose from 20 resistance settings with a range of 60 to 400 Watts. The gentlest resistance setting might be considered rehabilitative, and the strongest setting would be considered intense for the typical home exerciser (but not for experienced outdoor racers).
The Landice R7 bike seat has a high back, letting you lean back as you pedal. Landice makes the seat back available upholstered or in mesh to help you keep cool.
Helping this bike train almost anyone comfortably, its seat position is very adjustable. Choose from 12 up/down settings and 15 forward-back settings. Virtually anyone can find an ideal position for 1) distance from the pedals and 2) viewing the workout display and/or digital entertainment.
For video entertainment you can add a Landice TV (the 19” Landice Vision System, $800) or set your own tablet computer on the console. You can also use a Landice bracket to add your own wide-screen monitor.
Handles are next to the seat. You can grip the handles for a heart rate readout if not wearing a heart rate chest strap. The handles also have Rapid Buttons. These let you quickly adjust the bike wheel resistance. The heart rate sensors and Rapid Buttons are designed for easy simultaneous use.
The Landice recumbent bike is compatible with a wireless heart rate transmitter (not included).
To help you keep cool, a three-speed cooling fan is built into the bike. Storage for beverages and accessories is behind the seat.
Landice recumbent bike dimensions are approximately 66″ L 25″ W x 52″ H.
Warranty & Guarantee
The Landice R7 recumbent bike warranty includes:
– Frame: Lifetime
– Parts & Wear Items: Lifetime
– Labor: One year
The Landice R7 is likely the most comfortable, reliable and durable recumbent bike on the market. It’s identical to the Landice R9, which is featured in high-end light commercial settings, and for home use it could serve a lifetime without breaking down.
Compared with other recumbent bikes the R7 can be a practical choice for the long term if you have a comfortable budget for home fitness… and if paired with your tablet computer or a bike TV, it can be fun as well as practical and low-impact fitness equipment, encouraging you to train for longer than you might expect.