Guaranteed for a lifetime with minimal maintenance, the Landice R7 ($3,295) is a high-end recumbent bike for home use with the best warranty of any recumbent bike brand on our website. It’s made for shoppers happy to pay a premium for club-quality exercise at home. This made-in-the-USA exercise bike is identical to the Landice R9 featured in health clubs with 20 resistance levels and nine preset workout programs. It’s compatible with the VESA-D TV mounting bracket capable of supporting flat screens up to 19”.
Very adjustable, the Landice R7 provides just about anyone with a comfortable seated cardio experience. The console displays your heart rate and gives a constant readout of your cardio zone to help guide your workout. The Landice R7 is low-maintenance for owners. Simply vacuum or dust the exercise area monthly, and tighten the pedals occasionally. You can enjoy a lifetime of comfortable and effective cardio training that also helps keep your lower half toned and strong! This bike fits people of most heights and has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
Compared with many alternatives, the Landice R7 costs double or more, so what makes it so special? Like all Landice gym equipment, it’s built to commercial standards in the USA. With top-quality parts and electronics, the R7 recumbent bike is guaranteed for a lifetime. Meanwhile, most US-based fitness equipment brands have factories overseas with subpar standards and quality control. Their recumbent bikes are rarely under warranty for more than five years. Cheap fitness equipment tends to have performance problems such as wobbling, squeaking, and unreliable feedback.
Keep reading for all the details in our complete Landice R7 review!
|Resistance Type||Eddy Current Brake|
|Drive System||Front drive|
|Pedals||Self-balanced pedals with adjustable straps|
|Heart Rate||Contact heart-rate monitoring|
|Display||Achieve or Cardio, 9" color LCD console|
|Max. Weight||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||66"x 25"x 52"|
Lifetime Labor- 1 year
- 100% commercial quality
- Lifetime warranty on frame and parts
- Easy to access, even for people with limited motion
- High-backed seat with lumbar support and optional mesh construction to help keep you cool
- Seat adjusts up/down and forward/back to accommodate a wide range of rider heights
- 20 resistance settings
- 8 preset workout programs
- 6 user-defined workout programs
- 2 heart rate control workouts
- Compatible with wireless chest strap (sold separately)
- Touch heart rate sensors on handles next to seat
- Resistance controls on handles
- Optional VESA-D TV mounting bracket capable of supporting flat screens up to 19”
- Ledge to support a tablet computer
- 350-pound user weight capacity
- Arrives mostly assembled
- Has transport wheels at front of frame; lift rear of bike to reposition machine
- High price
- Lacks Bluetooth for connecting with mobile apps for fitness
The Landice R7 recumbent bike is built to last a lifetime. It’s made in the USA from club-quality parts and electronics. Below are details about the R7 bike control panel, mechanical parts, and industry-leading warranty.
The Cardio Console delivers the basic features that fit the needs of most customers. Just some of the programs you can enjoy for a lower cost than the premium console include:
- Goal programs are named Calories, Distance and Time. Extremely flexible, these programs have upper limits of 999 calories, 999 miles and 99 minutes each.
- Profile programs automate the speed and resistance in different ways. Their titles are Fat Burn, Hills, Interval, Mountain and Road. Road is the Landice term for “random” mode.
- Heart rate control programs let the R7 bike respond to your heart rate, helping you exercise within specific heart rate settings.
Additionally you can save six new workout programs to the bike computer, or simply use the Landice recumbent bike in manual mode.
The Cardio workout console has a dot matrix display. Its main window gives a choice of displaying a resistance table or simulated progress around a ¼-mile track. The available statistics are:
- Elapsed Time
- Time in Heart Rate Zone
- Resistance Effort level (1 – 20)
- Heart Rate
- Target Heart Rate
If you’re willing to pay more for improved features and programming capabilities, the Achieve console pulls out all the stops. Aside from the fact that the interactive touchscreen is easy to read and simple to clean, you can also store data for up to four users, making it well worth the added investment if multiple people in the household will be using the machine.
With the ability to enjoy even more customization with third party apps and a customizable HIIT screen, the added variety to each and every workout can go a long way in keeping you coming back for more.
Heart Rate Monitoring
Heart rate readings generate if you wear a chest strap or hold the handles next to the seat. The monitor also shows Target Heart Rate based on the rider’s age. (Its default target rate is 135 bpm.)
- When you exercise within your target heart rate zone, the monitor will show green lights.
- If you fall to seven beats per minute slower than the target, yellow lights will show.
- If you exceed your target zone by seven beats per minute or more, red lights will show on the R7 console.
Landice R7 Features
Resistance for the Landice recumbent bike is magnetic. You can choose from 20 resistance settings with a range of 60 to 400 Watts. The gentlest resistance setting might be considered rehabilitative, and the strongest setting would be considered intense for the typical home exerciser (but not for experienced outdoor racers).
The Landice R7 bike seat has a high back, letting you lean back as you pedal. It’s available upholstered or in mesh to work with the three-speed cooling fan built into the bike to keep you cool. Storage for beverages and accessories is behind the seat.
Helping this bike train almost anyone comfortably, its seat position is very adjustable. Choose from 12 up/down settings and 15 forward-back settings. Virtually anyone can find an ideal position for 1) distance from the pedals and 2) viewing the workout display and/or digital entertainment. For video entertainment, you can add a VESA-D TV mounting bracket capable of supporting flat screens up to 19” or set your own tablet computer on the console.
You can grip the handles next to the seat for a heart rate readout if not wearing a heart rate chest strap. The handles also have Rapid Buttons. These let you quickly adjust the bike wheel resistance. The heart rate sensors and Rapid Buttons are designed for easy simultaneous use. The Landice recumbent bike is compatible with a wireless heart rate transmitter (not included).
Landice recumbent bike dimensions are approximately 66″ L 25″ W x 52″ H.
Warranty & Guarantee
The Landice R7 recumbent bike warranty includes:
– Frame and parts: Lifetime
– Labor: One year
The Landice R7 is among the most comfortable, reliable, and durable recumbent bikes on the market. It’s identical to the Landice R9, which is featured in high-end, light commercial settings. For home use, it could serve a lifetime without breaking down.
Compared with other recumbent bikes, the R7 can be a practical choice for the long term if you have a comfortable budget for home fitness… and, if paired with your tablet computer or a bike TV, it can be a fun, low-impact fitness tool, encouraging you to train for longer than you might expect.