The C 990 is part of NordicTrack’s older C Series. Although the C Series is slowing being phased out by NordicTrack, you can still bag these models at significantly discounted prices online. The C 990 is now just $999 via Amazon.
The C 990 is among the best treadmills under $1,000. It features a 3.0 CHP motor, a 20″ x 60″ running area, an iFit-enabled 7″ touchscreen, on/off track cushioning, a 12% incline, and other appealing specs. That’s an impressive machine at a reasonable price. But is the NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill the best fit for your needs? Read on to find out.
|Model||NordicTrack C 990|
|Speed||0 - 12 mph|
|Incline||0 - 12%|
|Deck||20" x 60"|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||Pulse Grips|
|Dimensions||79.5" L x 35.5" W x 60.3" H|
|Display||7” HD Touchscreen Display|
Parts: 3 Years
Labor: 1 Year
Our Rating: 89.4/100.
Pros & Cons
- Track Length: The C 990 has a long track at 20″ x 60″.
- Incline: A maximum 12% incline is good for a machine in this price class.
- Cushioning: On/off customizable cushioning allows you to adjust the deck to your workout needs.
- Music friendly: Connect your music device to listen to your workout playlists through dual 2-inch speakers.
- Workout Variety: The C 990 offers 32 built-in workout apps.
- iFit-enabled: iFit gives you unlimited workouts and scenic running trails at your fingertips.
- Warranty: Buying your C 990 from Amazon gives you a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a 3-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty.
- Console: The 7″ full-color touchscreen is perfect for viewing your workouts.
- Easy Folding: The SpaceSaver design allows for easy folding and storage.
- Console Issues: It has been noted by some users that if the console malfunctions, the treadmill is unusable.
- Large Footprint: Although foldable, the C 990 has a large footprint when in use.
- Customer Service: If problems arise, some users have noted that they won’t necessarily be rectified quickly by NordicTrack’s customer service team.
The NordicTrack C 990 treadmill is sized and powered to support walking, jogging, and light running. It offers a good range of creature comforts for a treadmill in this price range, from a tablet holder to a cooling fan.
As for the specs, the C 990 is best suited to runners weighing up to 200 pounds or walkers weighing up to 250 pounds; although the maximum weight capacity is higher, treadmills don’t last long when pushed to their limits. Its 3.0 CHP motor and 20″ x 60″ running surface will allow for moderate walking or running workouts.
Workout guidance is extensive. The C 990 has 32 built-in apps that are grouped by workout goal (e.g., weight loss or speed training), as well as being equipped with iFit technology for advanced data tracking and endless workout options. On-board entertainment includes speakers for you to play your motivating workout playlists through, an adjustable tablet holder so you can enjoy your favorite shows while you work out, and a 7” touchscreen for you to enjoy your iFit workouts on. Bought on Amazon, the C 990 has a great warranty package for a treadmill in this price bracket. Overall, it’s an easy treadmill to recommend for walkers, joggers and runners shopping on a budget.
Keep fit with the help of the C 990’s 32 built-in workout programs. The C 990’s programs were designed by certified personal trainers and fall into four categories: calorie burn, heart rate control, interval training, and speed training. Each program can automatically adjust the treadmill’s speed and tilt the track by up to 12%.
For even more workout guidance, the NordicTrack C 990 is iFit-enabled. With an iFit membership you can access iFit’s unlimited workout library on your own tablet computer or smartphone. You can download a new and personalized routine every day, automate your data tracking, and design interactive Google Maps workouts. The Google Maps feature lets you set any real-life route and virtually experience it without leaving your treadmill. As the C 990 automatically adjusts incline to simulate the terrain, a streaming street view will be shown on the console screen or your mobile device.
Technology on NordicTrack treadmills is impressive. On the C 990, it ranges from an automated incline to features for digital entertainment.
- Listen to music through the C 990’s 2″ integrated speakers by connecting your own device.
- Workout apps such as iFit workout classes and exercise data are shown on a 7″ touchscreen.
- An AutoBreeze workout fan keeps you comfortable. It can be set to automatically adjust according to your workout intensity.
- FlexSelect cushioning on the 20″ x 60″ track can be activated for joint support or turned off to replicate an outdoor track.
- OneTouch controls make it safe and convenient to alter the C 990’s speed and incline in the midst of a workout.
- To free up some floor space after workouts, you can easily fold the treadmill’s deck upward with SpaceSaver technology.
- The NordicTrack C 990 has an adjustable tablet holder.
When bought from Amazon, the NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill warranty includes:
– Frame: Lifetime
– Motor: Lifetime
– Parts & Electronics: 3 years
– Labor: 1 year
The C 990 is very impressive for a $999 treadmill, and a great option for people seeking the benefits of a NordicTrack machine on a budget. It’s loaded with features that normally aren’t found on economy-priced treadmills, making it quite temping for shoppers in this price range. This model wouldn’t be ideal for heavier runners but most other trainees (including not-so-light walkers) will be quite satisfied. Our main critique is that NordicTrack’s customer support tends to be lacking.
Occasionally, NordicTrack treadmills with even better features and components are offered at lower prices, so check out our other NordicTrack reviews and compare prices to be sure you are getting the best machine in your budget. You certainly won’t be disappointed with this machine at this price, but it never hurts to check the sales and get an even better machine for your buck.