The NordicTrack Commercial X32i is the cream of the crop when it comes to NordicTrack incline trainers. An aggressive 40% incline, combined with a freshly updated 32″ HD touchscreen loaded with programming options allows for a huge range of training capability for those looking for a serious burn. New incline drivers make for quiet and fast operation that syncs up to its streaming iFit training programs. What’s more, the 1-year iFit membership that’s included is now a family membership, allowing for multiple users in the same household. This will grant you access to over 16,000 different workouts available. Boredom will not be part of your life with this machine. Further improvements to overall connectivity capability and Bluetooth have also been added, which we will touch on below.
Great for beginners to elite users, it’s a treadmill to consider.
|Model||NordicTrack Commercial X32i|
|Deck||22” x 60”|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||EKG Grip Pulse|
|Dimensions||76.5”x 40”x 73”|
|Display||32” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Warranty||Frame: 10 years |
Parts and electronics: 2 years
Labor: 1 Year
Rating: 95.4/100. This treadmill shines in some areas and has some drawbacks in others. Perhaps one of the biggest drawbacks is the user weight capacity. It’s set at just 300 lbs, which is great when compared to entry level treadmills, but is relatively low compared to the industry standards of a commercial treadmill in this price range. While you may not be 300 pounds so think this is a non-issue, do keep in mind that the lighter the max weight rating is, the less stable this machine is going to feel. So for that reason, it’s important that you are taking this into account. If you are 130 pounds, you probably will do okay with this model. If you are 200 pounds, you may not find it as comfortable to run on compared to one that has a max weight rating of 350 or 375 lbs.
This said, the treadmill is quite well built and offers great cushioning support, ensuring that when you run, it feels like you’re really running outside on real ground. This makes it a great option for those who may be training for marathon events or looking to improve their outdoor performance in sports or other activities.
It also offers a decline capacity and up to a 40% incline capacity, which is fantastic for giving your workouts plenty of variety and ensuring that you continue to make progress.
As long as you go in knowing the drawbacks and feel you are okay with them, it can be a great purchasing choice.
- Offers a tremendous incline capacity at 40%; this is far greater than many treadmills out there
- Offers one touch controls to make your workout smoother and more convenient
- Gives you Bluetooth audio capabilities, which as of the 2021 model includes the ability to pair to Bluetooth headphones
- Now features dual-band WiFi connection, which ensures a stronger and more consistent connection when using iFit streaming training options
- Has special reflex cushioning so that the deck absorption changes depending on where you are in your running stride. This helps it best mimic what it would feel like if you were running outside
- Has a standard belt at 22 x 60 inches so won’t feel too cramped (granted larger individuals may want to go for an extra large size instead)
- Is easy to assemble so you won’t have a lot of hassle after getting it home
- Has a great motor that offers 4.25 continual horsepower so this machine will operate for lengthy workout sessions that are quite intense
- Has self cooling mechanisms to help prevent the treadmill from overheating. This will help it run longer as you bump up the intensity of your session
- Can be turned into a sled push machine if you want to get some strength training work combined with cardio activities
- Offers four different user profiles so can be great for an entire family or accommodate well to a small studio setting if you want to save client’s data
- Comes with one year of free iFit membership, which grants you access to over 16,000 workouts, live personal training assistance, Google maps features so you can run anywhere you want in the world, stat tracking, as well as other advice on how to improve your lifestyle, nutrition ad sleep habits to better support your goals
- Comes with a very large 32 inch screen so seeing your workout program guidelines in action won’t be any challenge at all
- Has a relatively low user max weight capacity, meaning this machine may not feel as stable as your weights get higher or your speed increases
- Because the screen is so big, this doesn’t give room for a media tray
- Its warranty is a bit on the light side—10 years on frame, 2 years on parts and electronics, and 1 year on labor
The NordicTrack Commercial X32i is a new treadmill for the year of 2019 and features many of the great options that NordicTrack has come out with. This includes their special ReflexTM Cushioning system, which is a very low impact cushioning deck that has the capacity to simulate road runs as best as possible. This is because while it does soften joint impact each time you land, the nature of the cushioning changes depending on where you are in your stride, just as would happen if you were in an outdoors setting. This makes this treadmill especially great for marathon trainees or those who regularity do road races.
It also comes with the NordicTrack SMART-Response Drive System, which provides you with a 4.25 continual horsepower motor, which will surely stand up to any workout you throw its way along with abilities to help reduce vibration taking place and providing self-cooling benefits to keep the machine cool and performing well.
This motor really is the foundation of any treadmill so one of the most important parts to look at and this particular model definitely doesn’t fall short.
It also has the capabilities to support sled pushes, which will help you build up your strength and perform this high level exercise just like you would in a commercial gym setting. Simply by setting the treadmill to manual mode and gripping the handlebars, you can push your way across your desired distance, burning massive calories as you do.
Finally, it also offers a massive 32 inch touch screen, which is going to provide you with all the iFit programming details you want and gives you easy touch controls so you can change your workout status as needed.
One of the best things about the NordictTrack Commercial X21i is that it features 50 built in programs ready to help you take your workout from good to great. You will never be bored with this machine and can look forward to seeing continual progress as time goes along.
NordicTrack Commercial X32i Features
This treadmill features an excellent incline capability, supports decline functions, gives you a great continual horsepower motor, and has one of the most real life running feels of all the treadmills on the market.
When you run on this, it’s going to feel like you are running right outside your door.
Warranty & Guarantee
With recent warranty changes at NordicTrack, we’re a bit disappointed here given the price point of the X32i. It is covered for 10 years on its frame, 2 years on parts and electronics, and a year on labor.
you are on the market for a treadmill that offers plenty of programming, gives you a very large touch screen, and has excellent incline capabilities, this may be the treadmill for you. Just do keep in mind it’s not the most ideal treadmill for very large individuals, so if that’s you, you may want to continue your search elsewhere.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturers site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on the X32i are smoother and quieter than ever, and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your own playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill, so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.
- Expanded iFit Offer: In previous years, these treadmills would come with an individual 1-year iFit membership, but for 2021 these memberships have been upgraded to family memberships—perfect for households with multiple runners.