The NordicTrack Commercial X32i is the cream of the crop when it comes to NordicTrack incline trainers. An aggressive 40% incline and -6% decline combined with a freshly updated 32″ Smart HD touchscreen loaded with programming options allows for a huge range of training capability for those looking for a serious burn. New incline drivers create quiet and fast operation that syncs up to its streaming iFit training programs. What’s more, the 30-day iFit Family Membership allows multiple users in the same household access to over 16,000 different workouts. Boredom will not be part of your life with this machine. Further improvements to overall connectivity capability and Bluetooth have also been added, which we will touch on below.
|Model||NordicTrack Commercial X32i|
|Deck||22” x 65”|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||EKG Grip Pulse|
|Dimensions||76.5”x 40”x 73”|
|Display||32” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Warranty||Frame: 10 years |
Parts and electronics: 2 years
Labor: 1 Year
Rating: 95.4/100. As with all treadmills, there are pros and cons to consider with the X32i. Perhaps one of the biggest drawbacks is the user weight capacity. It’s set at just 300 lbs., which is great when compared to entry level treadmills but relatively low compared to the industry standards of a commercial treadmill in this price range. This may seem to be a non-issue if you don’t weigh 300 lbs., but a lighter max weight rating often means a less stable machine. If you are 150 lbs., you probably will do okay with this model. Those weighing 200 lbs. or more may not find it as comfortable to run on compared to one that has a max weight rating of 350 to 375 lbs.
This said, the treadmill is well built and offers great cushioning support, ensuring that it feels like you’re really running outside on natural terrain. This makes it a great option for those training for marathon events or looking to improve their outdoor performance in sports or other activities.
It also offers a decline capacity of -6% and up to a 40% incline capacity, which is fantastic for giving your workouts plenty of variety and ensuring you continue to make progress. As long as you go in knowing the drawbacks and feel you are okay with them, it can be a great purchasing choice.
- Offers a tremendous incline capacity at 40%, far greater than many treadmills out there
- Offers one-touch controls to make your workouts smoother and more convenient
- Gives you Bluetooth audio capabilities, which, as of the 2021 model, includes the ability to pair Bluetooth headphones
- Dual-band WiFi connection for a stronger and more consistent connection when using iFit streaming training options
- Has special reflex cushioning so the deck absorption changes depending on where you are in your running stride and mimics outdoor running environments
- Has a standard belt at 22 x 65 inches, so it won’t feel too cramped
- Easy to assemble, so you won’t have a lot of hassle after getting it home
- The 4.25 CP motor operates well for lengthy, intense workout sessions
- Has self-cooling mechanisms to prevent overheating and help it run longer as you bump up the intensity of your session
- Can be turned into a sled push machine if you want to get some strength training to supplement your cardio activities
- Allows up to four user profiles
- Comes with a one month free iFit membership, which grants you access to over 16,000 workouts, live personal training assistance, stat tracking, and advice on how to improve your lifestyle, nutrition, and sleep habits to better support your goals
- Provides Google maps features so you can run anywhere in the world
- Comes with a large 32″ screen so you can see your workout program guidelines
- Has a relatively low user max weight capacity, meaning this machine may not feel as stable as your weights get higher or your speed increases
- No media tray
- Warranty is a bit on the light side—10 years on frame, 2 years on parts and electronics, and 1 year on labor
The NordicTrack Commercial X32i was rolled out in 2019 and includes their special Reflex™ Cushioning system, which is a very low impact cushioning deck that has the capacity to simulate road runs as best as possible. It softens joint impact each time you land.
It also comes with the NordicTrack SMART-Response Drive System, which provides you with a 4.25 continual horsepower motor. This power is more likely to accommodate intense workouts and reduce vibration. The motor really is the foundation of any treadmill, so this particular model definitely doesn’t fall short.
The X32i also supports sled pushes, which will help you build up strength and perform this high level exercise just like you would in a commercial gym setting. Simply by setting the treadmill to manual mode and gripping the handlebars, you can push your way across your desired distance, burning massive calories as you do.
The 32″ touch screen provides you with all the iFit programming details you want and gives you easy-touch controls so you can change your workout status as needed.
One of the best things about the NordictTrack Commercial X32i is that it features 50 built-in programs ready to help you take your workout from good to great. You will never be bored with this machine and can look forward to seeing continual progress as time goes along.
NordicTrack Commercial X32i Features
The NordicTrack Commercial X32i features an excellent incline capability, supports decline functions, gives you a great continual horsepower motor, and has one of the most realistic terrain simulation experience on the market. The machine also features two 3″ digitally amplified speakers and Dual AutoBreeze Workout Fans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the NordicTrack X32i worth it?
It’s a top-tier model for sure. Featuring both incline and decline options, we’d say it’s worth the price tag.
How much does the NordicTrack X32i weigh?
Does the NordicTrack X32i fold up?
No, this treadmill doesn’t fold.
It’s not designed to, but some users report being able to re-program the screen.
How do I connect my headphones to the NordicTrack X32i?
Use the screen to navigate to the Bluetooth option for headphones.
Warranty & Guarantee
With recent warranty changes at NordicTrack, we’re a bit disappointed here given the price point of the X32i. It is covered for 10 years on its frame, 2 years on parts and electronics, and a year on labor.
If you’re in the market for a treadmill that offers plenty of programming, gives you a very large touch screen, and has excellent incline capabilities, this may be the one for you. Just keep in mind it’s not the most ideal treadmill for very large individuals, so if that’s you, check out some of our top treadmill picks for 2022.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year, some models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally, you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturer’s site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of the NordicTrack Commercial X32i treadmill.
New for 2022
- AUTOADJUST™: Interactive trainers have LIVE control access to remotely adjust the incline/decline features throughout your training session.
- Google Maps: This features allows you to map out specific routes, great when you’re training for an event.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on the X32i are smoother and quieter than ever, and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your own playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill, so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.
- Expanded iFit Offer: In previous years, these treadmills would come with an individual 30-day iFit membership, but for 2021 these memberships have been upgraded to Family Memberships—perfect for households with multiple runners.
- Faster Processing: New Dual 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- Improved Graphics: Updated HD graphics performance with added processor cooling.
December 7, 2022- Added new pictures. Updated specs and price.