If you are looking for an entry level NordicTrack commercial treadmill to use in your home or in a gym environment, take a close look at the NordicTrack T 9.5 S model. This model is reasonably priced and gives you some features of higher priced models, but definitely does fall short in comparison to a few of the more advanced models out there. This said, depending on your own individual needs in a treadmill, this may be more than enough to get the job done. Since not everyone can afford a $3000-4000+ model, the sacrifices for you may be fine to make.
|Deck||20” x 60”|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||EKG Grip Pulse|
|Dimensions||78.9” x 35.5” x 59.5”|
|Display||14” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Warranty||Lifetime: frame and motor
Parts: 5 years
Labor: 2 Years
Rating: 94/100. This treadmill gives you some of the advanced features of higher models while keeping the basics simpler to help keep the price point down. You are still going to get access to NordicTrack’s iFit coach, which is great for ensuring that you stick with your program. iFit not only offers a countless number of different exercise programs to choose from, but it also offers you in home coaching, live streaming classes, and the opportunity to travel around the globe with your training. Thanks to the enabled Google Maps, you just pick your spot and you can run, walk or job around that area.
This means far better adherence for those who struggle to stick with their plan. You’ll get one year of free iFit membership with the treadmill purchase, which is a value of $468.
The screen on this treadmill may not be quite as impressive as the 22” screens that you’ll get when on more advanced models, however you will still get a 14” interactive HD touchscreen, so you can keep up with the workouts that you’re following. For most people, this will be sufficient. Paying for additional screen size is definitely a luxury and this will not actually hinder the machines capability to give you a great workout in any way.
At the core, this treadmill is also built just like some of their more advanced models to help give you real road running experience as it offers their special FlexSelectTM tread cushioning, which softens as you land to help keep the joints protected but still helps to give that feeling like you’re on a real road. For those who are also running outdoors and want to see improvements there as well (perhaps you are training for a 5K, 10K, or half marathon), this treadmill will be highly beneficial for that. For some trainees who do a lot of treadmill running, it can be hard because when they finally do go to run the race, they find they perform much differently as it just doesn’t feel like the ‘road’ they were training on. With this model, you shouldn’t have that problem.
- Offers the iFit training feature, which can help transform your fitness level and give you the guidance that you are looking for. This can completely negate the need to hire a personal trainer and save you the $50-100 that a personal trainer charges per session.
- Strength training is possible with this treadmill purchase thanks to iFit. You can find strength training classes there so as long as you have a set of dumbbells at home, it’s no problem to get a completely balanced and well-rounded workout session.
- The deck offers the real road running experience designed by NordicTrack so you shouldn’t see a large difference in performance when transitioning between indoors and outdoors training
- The deck has a low impact cushion, which will help save your joints from the typical stress and impact that you get when doing your runs. This can go a long way towards making your entire treadmill that much more enjoyable to utilize
- This treadmill offers a powerful motor at 3.6 continuous horsepower, which is critical in ensuring that it doesn’t sputter out on you at any point during your training. It’s vital that you get a CHP motor as ones that aren’t will typically only be able to function optimally for short durations in time.
- The treadmill comes with self-cooling mechanisms to help keep it cooler so it doesn’t overheat
- Offers a pretty good warranty overall giving you two years on labor where may treadmills just give you one
- Offers easy to use folding capabilities so you can just tuck this treadmill up and away when not in use. This makes it perfect for those who are exercising in smaller spaces.
- Offers one touch controls so that you can quickly adjust your workout programming while on the go without having to transition out of your workout rhythm.
- Has a lower weight capacity at just 300 lbs. This makes this machine less stable in high intensity training situations than a machine that ay have a 350 or 400 lb. total weight capacity
- The deck size on this treadmill is smaller at just 20” by 60”. Some people may find they feel more comfortable on a deck that’s 22” by 60”
- While this treadmill does have an incline that goes to 12%, this is relatively low compared to some other treadmills on the market, especially in this line. Certain NordicTrack treadmills elevate up to a massive 40%, which is going to be a much better option if you are really looking to take your workout to the next level.
The NordicTrack T 9.5S treadmill is a good entry level commercial option for those who are looking for something that’s a little more heavy duty than your average home gym model but who also want something that is going to not cost them too much money. It’s budget priced at $2299 and still gives many great features that you will come to enjoy.
This treadmill has a good continuous motor so should support multiple people using it on the same day, however this said, the total weight user capacity is limited to just 300lbs. and the deck size is just 20” by 60”, so very large individuals may not feel comfortable with this model. They will want to upgrade so they can get better specs in those areas.
This treadmill comes with 50 on board programs, so the great news is that even if you don’t maintain your iFit membership after the initial trial year has elapsed, you’ll still have plenty of different programming options to choose from. This makes it an ideal option for anyone who is interested in keeping boredom at bay and incorporating plenty of variety into their training regime.
NordicTrack T9.5S Features
Some of the great features you’ll get with this treadmill model include fairly standard speed and incline capacities at 12 mph and 12% incline, one year of free iFit membership, self-cooling capabilities to ensure this treadmill doesn’t overheat, the ability to fold it up when not in use to help save space, one touch controls to make your workout session more convenient, and special FlexSelect cushioning so you can choose how your treadmill feels as you run on it.
Warranty & Guarantee
The warranty on this model is quite good as well with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor (which is typical in the industry) and then five more years for your parts warranty and two years for labor. While it’s not the best warranty out there, it’s definitely better than many that only offer a one-year labor warranty.
If you’re a beginner runner looking to get in better shape, you should find that this treadmill does help get the job done. You may find that it does fall short in a few key areas but as long as you are not a larger individual doing your trainee or you aren’t looking to take your training to extremely high intensities, this model should fit you just fine.