For most shoppers the Commercial 2450’s most eye-catching feature is a 14-inch HD, which is large enough to be comfortable, but not so large that it’s overbearing. Other top features are a 4.0 CHP motor and a spacious track that tilts up/down to simulate terrain. The drivers used for incline and decline have been updated for quieter and faster operation. Read on for a full Commercial 2450 review.
|Model||NordicTrack Commercial 2450|
|Speed||0 - 12 mph|
|Incline||-3 - 15%|
|Deck||22" x 60"|
|Belt||Runner's Flex Cushioning|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||CardioGrip™ Heart Rate Monitor w/ Polar® Wireless|
|Dimensions||72.25" x 34" x 61"|
|Display||14" HD Touch Screen|
|Warranty||Frame: 10 Years|
Parts: 2 Years
Electronics: 2 Years
Labor: 1 Years
Rating: 95.9/100. The Commercial 2450 Treadmill is among NordicTrack’s top-rated treadmills built for 2019. It lets you train with a club-quality motor and other premium essentials, but “extras” explain its popularity. NordicTrack is a top seller because of special features that enhance exercise, like iFit Coach Google Maps workouts, power incline/decline, and touchscreens with web browsers… and the Commercial 2450 shares some of the brand’s best technologies.
Here are pros and cons to consider.
- 14-inch HD display for workouts & the web
- iFit Coach enabled for unlimited personal training
- Large running surface (22-inch x 60-inch)
- 4.0 continuous horsepower motor
- Bluetooth connection for devices as well as Bluetooth headphones
- Power incline and decline (-3% to +15%)
- Music speakers with Bluetooth connection
- Shelf for your mobile device
- WhisperQuiet™ deck minimizes sound of running
- Two choices for deck suspension (Soft or Road)
- Safety key for auto shut-off
- SpaceSaver design (Folding treadmill)
- Although foldable, too heavy to be considered portable
- If problems arise, parts replacement might take weeks instead of days
- Still unclear as to how many built-in programs (outside of iFit are installed)
The new NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill has it all: cutting-edge electronics, advanced power and suspension, durability and quiet operation. Its best match is a high-energy household that will make use of the machine’s special features like iFit Coach video workouts and power incline/decline.
Commercial 2450 treadmills are enabled to download an unlimited variety of workout programs from iFit Coach. They also have generous built-in workout menus as described below.
As an iFit Coach member you can download a new workout program anytime. iFit Coach treadmill workout programs have three formats: standard, interactive Google Maps, and interactive HD video.
For standard and Google Maps workouts, you can create your own routine or download programs created by others (the iFit Coach team and other members). Math says the options are endless! As for the video workouts, you have hundreds of impressive choices. Technology truly makes training feel interactive, as if you were exercising alongside a dedicated coach.
And like a true personal trainer, the iFit Coach app adapts to make customized suggestions about treadmill workout programs to try. It also offers lots of well-organized workout series with about 10 or 12 programs each. You can follow the video workouts of a celebrity personal trainer, or play a series of Google Maps workouts that have ever-increasing difficulty.
The built-in workout collection on the Commercial 2450 consists of 40 programs categorized by exercise goals: heart rate control, calorie burn, interval training and speed training. Each program automates the treadmill speed and incline to make the most of your exercise time. You can choose a workout and then surf the web, flip through a magazine or keep the pace with your MP3s as you train.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Features
Starting from the top, for 2021 the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has an attractive console with 14-inch HD touchscreen. The screen lets you access all of the bells and whistles that come along with iFit. Its most recent update includes the ability to connect Bluetooth headphones to the unit, which is a nice perk. It also has improved graphics drivers to ensure a crisp clear picture, as well as dual-band WiFi in order to maintain the strongest and most stable connection possible.
Alongside the screen, OneTouch controls make it convenient to alter the Commercial 2450’s speed and incline in the midst of a workout. The treadmill can reach up to 12 mph and has a slope range of -3 to 15 percent for incline training.
To help you exercise in your target heart rate zone, the Commercial 2450 arrives with a chest strap for wireless heart rate monitoring. The machine also has grip pulse sensors.
Three workout fans, are positioned to cool your face and body. You can set the speed or let it adjust automatically to your workout pace.
The belt is two-ply for durability, and the workout surface is a bit roomier than most at 22 inches wide and 60 inches long. The belt is powered by a 4.0 CHP motor, which is plenty strong and destined to be long-lasting as well.
Suspension in the Commercial Series is adjustable. Choose “Soft” to help cushion your joints, or choose “Road” for a firmer running surface.
A magnetic key can automatically shut off the treadmill in case the user slips during exercise.
Each machine in this series is a folding treadmill: To reveal floor space after workouts, the deck can be stored upright with help from hydraulic lift.
When unfolded the new Commercial 2450 has a 72.25-inch x 34-inch footprint.
Warranty & Guarantee
New owners of NordicTrack Commercial treadmills receive very competitive standard warranties. The 2450 Treadmill warranty provides the following coverage:
– Frame: 10 years
– Parts: 2 Years
– Labor: 1 years
NordicTrack also makes a 30-day money back guarantee.
The Commercial 2450 can help make almost anyone a treadmill enthusiast. The incline helps make it ideal for walkers focused on weight management or toning, and the commercial motor helps make it appropriate for runners. Everyone benefits from the high quality cushioning, program variety and on-board entertainment. Any cautions? Like a car, the Commercial 2450 Treadmill has different model years, and the latest 2021 update is certainly the best of the pack.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturers site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on the 2450 are smoother and quieter than ever, and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your own playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill, so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.
- Expanded iFit Offer: In previous years, these treadmills would come with an individual 1-year iFit membership, but for 2021 these memberships have been upgraded to family memberships—perfect for households with multiple runners.