WaterRower M1 HiRise Rower Review
The M1 HiRise is WaterRower’s top-of-the-line rowing machine. It’s a commercial-grade model with a higher entry point than the M1 LoRise (at 20″ rather than the lower 12″), making it suitable for those with limited mobility. The frame is constructed from sturdy powder-coated aluminum, and is slightly longer and higher than the wooden models at around 88” long and 28” high. Much like the wooden rowers, it features WaterRower’s unique WaterFlywheel to provide a smooth and challenging row for basically any trainee. Its S4 monitor can save up to 9 workouts of your own design. This elite rowing machine is built to last. If you’ve got the space, it’s a solid choice that will keep you motivated for years to come.
The M1 HiRise rowing machine is part of WaterRower’s M Series. This also includes the M1 LoRise which has a lower entry point. As the M1 HiRise is raised 20 inches above the floor on four legs, it’s suitable for those with limited mobility, from rehabbing athletes to seniors. These machines are made from heavy aluminum, so they are built to last. Like all WaterRowers, the M1 HiRise features the brand’s unique WaterFlywheel. Using water resistance is obviously the most natural way to mirror outdoor rowing, so the M1 HiRise will satisfy beginners to advanced rowers alike. The WaterFlywheel not only helps produce the physical sensation of rowing, but makes a satisfying splash with each stroke.
The M1 HiRise features an S4 monitor. Looking at the customer reviews, users have noted how easy and convenient the monitor is to use. It displays all your essential exercise data including time, distance, speed/intensity, and stroke rate. If you purchase the optional heart-rate sensor and kit separately, you will also have access to heart-rate data. The S4 monitor does not come with any preset programs. However, it can save up to nine workout programs which you design based on time or distance. This allows you to hop back on your rower and get to work on one the previous sessions you designed straight away.
- Higher Entry Point: As its name suggests, the M1 HiRise is raised from the ground, with its entry point being at 20” (50 cm). This higher entry point is ideal for those with limited mobility as it makes the rower easier to get in and out of.
- Resistance: The WaterRower M1 HiRise uses a unique WaterFlywheel which delivers a smooth row and satisfying swish with every stroke. The resistance naturally increases or decreases with paddling intensity, so WaterRowers are suitable for all skill levels.
- Low Impact: Although the WaterRower M1 HiRise provides a full range of motion for the upper body, it’s still a low-impact machine. Compared with many other aerobic fitness machines it puts little pressure on your ankles, knees and hips.
- Data: The S4 monitor displays a range of essential exercise data. It can also show advanced heart-rate data if you buy the heart-rate monitoring equipment separately.
- Workout Programs: The S4 monitor can store up to 9 workout sessions, making it easy for you to hop on your rower and repeat any of those programs.
- Heart-Rate Data: The WaterRower M1 HiRise can work with a wireless pulse transmitter and receiver for your to track your heart rate if you purchase the kit separately.
- Durable: Built from thick aluminum tubing and using water for resistance, the HiRise is built to last. WaterRowers are made to endure far longer than their warranties might suggest.
- Easy to Store: The aluminum frame flips upright for easy storage.
- High Capacity: The WaterRower M1 HiRise rowing machine can support up to 700 pounds.
- Good Warranty: The M1 HiRise initially carries a one-year warranty on the frame and components. WaterRower will then upgrade the warranty to five years on the frame and three years on the components when you complete a registration form.
- Size: At 88” long and 22.25” wide, the WaterRower M1 HiRise is not a compact machine.
- Price: Due to the high-quality components and resistance system, the WaterRower M1 HiRise is not a budget machine.
The commercial-quality WaterRower M1 HiRise is a good choice for rowers who want a high-quality rower that’s built to last. As it has a high entry point, it’s a solid choice for those with limited mobility as it’s an easy rower to get in and out of. It’s an exceptionally durable machine that provides enough workout data and programming options to keep you motivated and challenged for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
88" L x 22.25" W x 27.625" H
Maximum User Weight Capacity