Velocity Exercise manufactures durable but affordable exercise equipment for home use. The brand is a division of CAP Barbell, Inc., which is one of the world’s largest and longest-established fitness product suppliers. CAP Barbell is a global organization with headquarters in the US and Asia. Velocity’s prices are relatively low yet the products are still durable. For quality control, they inspect each model for safety and strength both in-house and at third-party testing facilities. The Velocity brand includes a wide variety of fitness machines, from treadmills to elliptical trainers and rowers. They currently manufacture a handful of rowing machines including the affordable Velocity Magnetic Rower. Check out our top Velocity rowers, and learn about the pros and cons of the brand’s rowing machines below.
Velocity Magnetic Rower
Top Velocity Rowing Machines
Velocity Magnetic Rower
Velocity Rowing Machines
Velocity manufactures a small selection of rowing machines including the budget-friendly Velocity Magnetic Rower. This mid-sized fitness machine normally sells for $799 and earns enthusiastic customer reviews. Like other magnetic rowers, the Velocity Magnetic Rower is designed for virtually silent operation. It has convenient electronic tension control, preset workout programs and wireless heart-rate monitoring. This machine is 80” long and can be folded for compact storage.
- Assembly: Assembly instructions for the Velocity Magnetic Rower are straightforward. Assembly will usually take less than half an hour.
- Magnetic Resistance: Magnetic resistance is virtually silent. The resistance on the Velocity Magnetic Rower is controlled electronically (not with a knob) and can challenge a wide range of ability levels.
- Preset Programs: As well as manual mode, the Velocity Magnetic Rower has 6 preset workout programs.
- Heart-Rate Monitor: The Velocity Magnetic Rower supports wireless heart-rate monitoring.
- Smooth Ride: Owners consistently report that the seat slides smoothly.
- Strong Frame: The Velocity Magnetic Rower has a sturdy aluminum frame.
- Foldable: The Velocity Magnetic Rower can be folded for compact storage. Attached wheels make it easy to move.
- LCD Monitor: The Velocity Magnetic Rower’s monitor is poorly backlit. For night-time rowing a lamp is needed for viewing the display.
- Calorie Readout: The calories readout is only an approximation. Riders cannot specify their body size to get a more accurate estimate of calories burned.
- External Power Required: The Velocity Magnetic Rower uses an AC adapter. Other rowing machines use batteries or harness the rider’s energy to power the monitor. Although this machine will add very little to an electricity bill, its plug-in design limits the owner’s placement options.
- Folding Method: Many rowing machines are foldable, and some are more easily folded than others. Folding the Velocity Magnetic Rower is a somewhat cumbersome process. If you expect to be folding your rower after each exercise session, then you might prefer a different brand.
Velocity only make a handful of rowing machines, but they make them well. The Velocity Magnetic Rower has a great reputation despite its low price. It is a top choice for people looking to spend $799 or less on a quiet, foldable indoor rower.
1. Velocity Magnetic Rower
Get great cardio workouts at home with the Velocity Magnetic Rower. This reliable fitness machine sells for under $800 and fares very well in customer reviews. As its name explains, the Velocity Magnetic Rower uses magnetic resistance—the quietest type available. Tension is controlled electronically with buttons on the console. Seating is comfortable; a large polyurethane saddle is nicely molded. To help you make the most of exercise sessions, this machine has preset workout programs and wirelessly monitors your heart rate. The LCD screen also shows exercise time, distance, strokes per minute, total count, and calories burned.Read the Full Velocity Magnetic Rower Review