Stamina BodyTrac Glider Review
At justStamina BodyTrac Glider is certainly a budget machine. Saying this, it’s one of the best rowing machines that uses hydraulic resistance on the market. It’s sized to fit most adults and is more durable than other options in its price class. For such a bargain buy, the BodyTrac Glider features a wide range of resistance. It has 12 resistance levels that are comparable to an estimated 2-50 pounds of force. We have some concerns about the longevity of the machine, but if your budget is tight, this is one of the best options in its price category.
The Stamina BodyTrac Glider is retail priced at $229.99, but you can now get it online for less than $150. Judging from customer reviews, people tend to be pleased with the resistance, which is impressive for such a budget rower. The rower has 12 levels of resistance that are comparable to an estimated 2 to 50 pounds of force. To ramp up the challenge, the tension can be adjusted via the dial. Shock resistance has some advantages: it’s quiet, cheap and requires little space. Although this type of resistance is known to break down quickly, the BodyTrac Glider might be an exception. This rowing machine is likely to deliver effective workouts for at least a year, even with daily use.
To ride the Glider you move two full-motion, oar-like handlebars. These are positioned to the sides as in a rowboat. The arms allow for a full-body workout, working each muscle group as well as delivering a satisfying cardio workout. What’s more, they can be folded inward when workouts are done, for compact storage. Keep on top of your workout feedback via the simple LCD monitor which displays your workout time, stroke count, calories burned and total strokes accumulated. As for comfort, the Stamina BodyTrac Glider features a molded seat, textured footplates with adjustable nylon straps, and foam-padded hand grips. The sturdy steel frame and aluminum center beam make for a stable workout. The Body Trac Glider carries a one-year warranty on the frame and a 90-day warranty on parts.
- Durable: The standout quality of the Stamina BodyTrac Glider is its durability. We were surprised to discover such a sturdy low-priced rowing machine that uses hydraulic resistance. On comparable products, the pistons are known to give out quickly.
- Easy Assembly: Assembly is straightforward and takes around an hour.
- Fits All Heights: Riders as tall as 6’5″ have written that this machine fits their bodies. It’s also comfortable for shorter trainees.
- Unique Arms: Unlike most rowing machines, this unit has oar-like rowing arms instead of a single bar for resistance, giving riders a full range of motion.
- Adjustable Resistance: The resistance is adjustable via a dial on the piston. It supports smooth motion, has a wide range of resistance, and operates quietly.
- Data Monitor: The BodyTrac Glider has a computer monitor that displays a range of rider data. The fields rotate every six seconds. To save battery power, the monitor automatically shuts off after four minutes of inactivity.
- Strong Frame: The frame is made from steel and has an aluminum beam.
- Compact Size: This rower can hold up to 250 pounds, yet it is still smaller than most. It measures 58.25″ by 42.5″ by 18.125″ when in use and weighs just 39 pounds.
- Floor Protectors: Floor protectors are attached to the BodyTrac Glider so that no floor mat is needed. The floor protectors also help prevent skidding.
- Cordless: Since no power cord is required for the data monitor, this rowing machine can be set up anywhere.
- Price: It’s one of the cheapest rowing machines on the market.
- Loose Foot Straps: Many riders have reported that their feet slip out from the footstraps.
- Nylon Bearings: The seat glides on bearings with nylon casings instead of metal casings. These can wear down quickly.
- No Programs: Although this is expected on such a budget machine, it’s worth pointing out that the console features no preset workout programming.
- Warranty: A one-year warranty on the frame and a 90-day warranty on parts is short. But for the price, this is expected.
For such a low-priced machine, the Stamina BodyTrac Glider has earned lots of enthusiastic customer reviews. It’s better than what shoppers expect for the money. For its price category, it’s a solid purchase. As seen from the reviews, in some cases, the rower has broken down before delivering $137 worth of workouts. But overall we think it’s worth trying if your workout space is small and budget is minimal.
Frequently Asked Questions
58.25" L x 42.5" W x 18.125" H
Maximum User Weight Capacity