Like no other home exercise bike, for under $250 the ProForm X-Bike Duo lets you 1) choose between upright and relaxed riding positions, and 2) virtually ride outside with Google Street View workouts. While the Google workouts cost extra (you need iFit Coach membership), 14 bike routines are provided on the console. Get details below from our full ProForm X-Bike Duo review.
|Model||ProForm X-Bike Duo|
|Resistance Type||Silent Magnetic|
|Drive System||Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel|
|Seat||Adjustable, Oversized & Cushioned|
|Pedals||Pedals with Straps|
|Display||Large LCD Display|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Dimensions||40.25" x 20.25" x 49"|
|Warranty||Frame: 5 years
Parts: 90 days
Labor: 90 days
Rating: 83/100. The ProForm X-Bike Duo is a unique two-in-one exercise bike with iFit Coach readiness. It works as an upright stationary bike, plus it converts for recumbent rides that are gentler on your body. For just $249 the Duo is a bargain… for some. The happiest riders are beginners who aren’t ready for stronger resistance systems.
For exercise guidance you get two choices:
- Fourteen workout routines are built into the console. Each program directs the bike’s speed and resistance to help you use time efficiently. Data are shown on an attached screen with adjustable angle.
- Unlimited iFit Coach workout programs are available by download with iFit Coach membership. The most exciting iFit Coach programs are interactive videos and Google Maps routes with street views: Seated on your X-Bike Duo, you can virtually experience Tour de France segments and infinite other routes worldwide. iFit Coach bike workouts are shown on your mobile device or computer, but they control the bike’s speed and resistance just like on-board programs.
Favorite features of the X-Bike Duo are iFit Coach readiness and a convertible design. We also like the bike’s compatibility with Bluetooth chest straps for wireless heart rate monitoring.
The majority of X-Bike Duo owners seem pleased with the machine. Still, despite the positive reviews be aware that any exercise bike under $500 will have some cheap components. The warranty for the Duo is very short to match the low sale price. We consider this a “starter exercise bike” and not a fitness machine for long-term use.
- Two-in-one fitness machine (Upright bike + recumbent bike)
- Needs very little floor space
- Folds and has wheels to assist with storage
- 14 digital resistance levels
- 14 preset workout programs
- Ready for iFit Coach
- Wireless heart rate receiver
- Ledge for smartphone or tablet computer
- Padded seat with vertical adjustment
- Pedal straps for safety
- Light resistance
- Not for long-legged people
- Weight limit is 250 pounds
- Short warranty on the frame, parts and labor
- Slow customer service from the manufacturer
The ProForm X-Bike Duo is a convertible exercise bike for beginners. Depending on its seat position, it works as an upright or recumbent exercycle. This space-saver is smaller than typical home exercise bikes and also folds for storage. Read on for details about built-in workout programs, iFit Coach readiness, bike components and ProForm’s warranty.
This bike is loaded with 14 classic training programs and is ready for iFit Coach personal training.
The 14 preset programs can control the bike’s speed and resistance. You can override the program if desired, and you can stop pedaling to pause a workout. Your progress is shown in graph style. As you ride, you can scan statistics for calorie burn, distance, time, speed and heart rate. RPMs are shown as a pacer to help you reach targets.
As a bike that’s “iFit Coach ready,” the Duo can access iFit Coach through a smartphone, tablet or computer. With an iFit Coach membership you have on-demand access to infinite personal training workouts, and you can virtually tour the world with Google Maps Street View as you pedal. Also included in the iFit Library are HD video workouts.
iFit Coach can track your data for bike rides and other activities. Using your fitness stats, it will make customized suggestions about exercise, diet and sleep.
Stationary Bike Features
The X-Bike Duo converts between recumbent and upright styles. Making the change involves repositioning the seat.
The bike seat is padded and sized for comfort. It is vertically adjustable and provides lumbar support.
Magnetic resistance is used for quiet operation. With digital controls you can move among 14 tension levels. The resistance levels are meant for beginners or people seeking gentle rehabilitative exercise.
For stability at high speeds, the pedals have shoe straps.
The console has a heart rate receiver. Wearing a chest strap, you can see your pulse data as you ride.
The X-Bike Duo frame can collapse for storage. Transport wheels are attached.
Warranty & Guarantee
The ProForm X-Bike Duo indoor bike warranty includes:
– Frame: 5 years
– Parts: 90 days
– Labor: 90 days
ProForm bikes are sold with 30-day money-back guarantees.
The X-Bike Duo is among the lowest-priced bikes we’ve reviewed. Even so, it tends to earn positive ratings from owners. This bike isn’t meant for experienced trainees but it can be a satisfying starter bike for people who aren’t very heavy or long-legged. We recommend getting a monthly iFit Coach membership to help keep your exercise motivation high.