The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is one of the top rated upright stationary air bikes; you wouldn’t expect anything less from Schwinn. The difference between this and traditional bikes is that resistance comes from the air being built up from pedaling; slower pedaling means low intensity while fast pedaling means greater resistance. And what sets this particular air bike apart from the others is the belt drive system, it makes for a smooth and quiet ride. The design (moving handlebars) provide for a solid upper and lower body workout.
It comes with nine built-in programs for various fitness levels but no extra features like Bluetooth or apps but does have the basics for monitoring your results: calorie, time, distance, intervals and RPM’s.
The frame is sturdy and can accommodate most heights, with multi-position handlebars and a padded adjustable seat.
|Model||Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro|
|Max. Weight||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||45” L x 20”W x 52” H|
|Warranty||Frame: 20 years
Parts: 2 years
Electronics: 2 year
Labor: 6 months
Rating: 84.50/100. The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is a top contender in its class.
The bike is a little longer and wider which makes it a little more stable; especially when you are going all out. The monitor’s screen is large and easy to read, that is a great feature while you are working out and checking your stats. There are no additional Bluetooth features for smartphones or tablets, which may be a let down for some who have become spoiled with technology. However, there are 9 pre-set programs to choose from that suits various fitness levels. The resistance will never become too easy as the more you peddle the more air and more resistance. The seat is fairly comfortable, but you are able to change if required for your personal preference. The three-position handle bar allows you to change up your position; this is good to accommodate different sizes and heights but also if you just need to change for comfort while riding. As for space, it is compact and doesn’t take up much, and will easily fit into smaller areas – for use and storage. The warranty is standard as far as frames and the two years on parts and labor is good. The weight capacity of 350 lbs. means that most are able to use it. Over all this Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is a very good bike for all levels of fitness.
- Built in Programs: It comes with nine built-in programs for various fitness levels. You are able to monitor your progress and results based on time, distance, calories, speed, pulse Watts and RPM.
- Fan Air Resistance: This means infinite levels of resistance; the fan in the blade builds tension, which means regardless of your fitness level you will always feel some tension/resistance.
- Frame: It’s a little longer and wider with bigger feet with makes for good stability.
- Noise: Belt drive application makes it a smoother, quieter ride.
- Seat: Padded, comfortable seat will help you go the distance. The standard rail allows for changing of seat if so desired.
- Data Console: A large screen makes it easier to read and follow your vitals: time, heart rate, intervals, distance and calories.
- Heart Rate: Provides option for Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro wireless telemetry.
- Handlebars: Multi – position (3) handlebar made with rubber grips.
- Space: The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro has a small footprint and doesn’t need much space at 42” L x 20” W x 52” H
- Warranty: 10 years on the frame, two years on parts and six months on labor; it’s a fairly decent warranty compared to the Assault Air Bike.
- Price: It is one of the most expensive air bikes.
- Extras: Most equipment of today come with the added features of Bluetooth, access to apps that sync, speakers, or a place for your gadgets; the Schwinn Airdyne Pro does not – so for some it may be too basic.
Some don’t take air bikes seriously; but the Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is not one to ignore. If you are looking for a solid upper and lower body workout – this is it, it will challenge all fitness levels. This upright stationary bike’s resistance comes from air created by your pedaling. The more you pedal the greater the intensity; the less, the least resistance.
The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro comes with a basic console, but it monitors the necessities and is a well-built machine. There aren’t any extra special features like apps or syncing but it has all that you need.
Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro Features
Type: Indoor residential stationary bike
Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
Water bottle holder
Dimensions: 45” L x 20”W x 52” H
Warranty & Guarantee
Schwinn’s factory-direct warranty for the Airdyne AD Pro provides the following coverage:
-Frame: 10 years
-Parts: 2 years
-Labor: 6 months
The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is one of the best air bikes made and is priced to reflect the quality and brand. It is well made, has a small footprint which makes it fit in just about everywhere. However, it will still fit various rider’s sizes well, with the multi position handlebars and adjustable seat. The console is quite basic with no extra functions but it gives you all the stats you need. No frills but a whole lot of substance.