The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is one of the top-rated upright stationary air bikes, and you would expect nothing less from Schwinn. The difference between this and traditional bikes is that resistance comes from air pushing against a fan that gains or loses speed depending on the speed of your pedaling—slower pedaling means low intensity while fast pedaling means greater resistance. What sets this particular air bike apart from others of its kind is the belt drive system, which makes for a smooth and quiet ride.
It comes with nine built-in programs for various fitness levels but no extra features like Bluetooth connectivity for use with apps. The console monitors speed, calories burned, time, distance, RPM and watts. There is also a heart rate monitor included.
The frame is sturdy and can accommodate most heights with multi-position handlebars and a padded adjustable seat. Additionally, the handlebars move, giving you the option of a full body workout.
|Model||Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro|
|Max. Weight||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||45” L x 20”W x 52” H|
|Warranty||Frame: 20 years|
Parts: 2 years
Electronics: 2 year
Labor: 6 months
Rating: 84.50/100. The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is a top contender in its class.
The bike is a little longer and wider which makes it more stable, especially when you are going all out. The monitor screen is large and easy to read, which is key when you are working up a sweat and checking your stats. There are no Bluetooth capabilities for connection to smartphones or tablets, which may be a let down for some riders. However, there are 9 pre-set programs to choose from that suit various fitness levels. The resistance will never become too easy as the more you pedal, the more air pushes against the fan to generate additional resistance. The adjustable seat and three-position handlebars accommodate different rider sizes and heights but are also beneficial if you just need a change for comfort while riding. As for space, the AD Pro is compact and doesn’t take up much. It will easily fit into smaller areas for use or storage. The warranty: 10-year for the frame and two years on parts and labor, is good. The weight capacity of 350 lbs means that most riders should have no problem using this bike. Over all this Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is a fantastic bike for all levels of fitness.
- Built-in Programs: It comes with nine built-in programs for various fitness levels. You are able to monitor your progress and results based on speed, time, distance, calories burned per minute, RPM and watts.
- Fan Air Resistance: The fan in the blade builds tension, so the harder you pedal, the more the bike pushes back for infinite levels of resistance. Regardless of your fitness level you will always be challenged.
- Frame: Longer, wider and bigger feet make for good stability.
- Noise: Belt drive application makes it a smoother, quieter ride.
- Seat: Padded, comfortable seat will help you go the distance. The standard rail allows for changing the seat position.
- Data Console: A large screen makes it easier to read and follow your progress.
- Heart Rate: Provides option for Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro wireless telemetry.
- Handlebars: Moveable, multi-position handlebars made with rubber grips help to give a full body workout.
- Space: The AD Pro has a small footprint and doesn’t need much space at 42” L x 20” W x 52” H.
- Warranty: 10 years on the frame, two years on parts and six months on labor. it’s a fairly decent warranty compared to the Assault Air Bike.
- Price: It is one of the most expensive air bikes.
- Extras: The AD Pro lacks some of the bells and whistles you see on the more high-end bikes like speakers, gadget trays and Bluetooth capabilities.
You may have ignored air bikes in the past, but you should definitely pay attention to the Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro. If you are looking for a solid upper and lower body workout, this bike can give it to you. The AD Pro’s resistance comes from air generated by your pedaling. The harder you pedal the greater the intensity; slower pedaling means less resistance. This means that no matter your fitness level, you can get a challenging workout.
The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro combines high quality with simplicity. It comes with a basic console that monitors the necessities. There aren’t any extra features like apps or Bluetooth connectivity but it’s a well-built machine that has all you need for a great workout.
Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro Features
Type: Indoor residential stationary bike
Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
Water bottle holder
Dimensions: 45” L x 20”W x 52” H
Warranty & Guarantee
Schwinn’s factory-direct warranty for the Airdyne AD Pro provides the following coverage:
-Frame: 10 years
-Parts: 2 years
-Labor: 6 months
The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro is one of the best air bikes on the market and is priced to reflect the quality and brand. It is well made and has a small footprint that makes it work in just about any home gym. Despite its compact size, it can accommodate riders of all sizes with the multi position handlebars, an adjustable seat and a weight capacity of 350 lbs. The console is quite basic but it gives you all the stats you need. No frills but a whole lot of substance to help you get a great workout.