|Drive System||40-pound Flywheel|
|Pedals||Dual Link Pedals with Toe Cages|
|Heart Rate||Bluetooth heart-rate armband (included)|
|Max. Weight||330 lbs|
|Dimensions||48.7” L x 21.2” W x 51.8 H|
Weight: 106 lbs
|Warranty||Frame: 10 years|
Mechanical & Electrical: 3 years
Labor: 1 Year
At just $999, the Schwinn IC4 is an affordable indoor cycling bike that delivers the Peloton experience on a budget. Part of the Schwinn indoor cycling bike series, the IC4 features a smooth-running 40-pound drive, 100 levels of micro-adjustable magnetic resistance, and dual link pedals with toe cages. The IC4’s Bluetooth connectivity means you can use it with a variety of fitness apps, including the Peloton app. This allows you to stream the world’s best spin classes on a bike with an affordable sticker price. We also love that the IC4 comes with a Bluetooth heart-rate armband for you to keep on top of your workout stats, and a set of dumbbells for your targeted upper-body workouts. Read on for our full review, including the pros and cons of the IC4 bike.
The Schwinn IC4 is a $999 spin bike with a standard home use warranty. Its 40-pound drive is heavy enough to suit a wide variety of trainees, including serious spinners. What’s more, the 100 levels of quiet magnetic resistance allow for ultra-precise challenges. The IC4 also offers dual link pedals with toe cages (so you can use standard toe cages or SPD clips based on your riding style), multi-grip handlebars, and a Bluetooth armband for you to monitor your heart rate. Although the IC4 doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of a top-of-the-line spin bike like the Peloton or the NordicTrack S22i (such as speakers or a massive built-in screen), this doesn’t detract from its overall impressive quality. If you’re prepared to “bring your own tech” to this machine, you’ll get the spin-class experience at home without breaking the bank. If you’re looking for a more cost conscious bike that still delivers the Peloton experience (including built-in screen), the MYX Fitness bike has become our new favorite contender in the category (read our full review of the MYX Fitness Bike here). The Schwinn IC4 measures 48.7” long, 21.2” wide, and 51.8” tall. Assembled, it weighs 106 pounds, and it can be repositioned easily thanks to its front-mounted wheels. It’s rated safe for cyclists up to 330 pounds.
Pros & Cons
- Heavy Drive: 40-pound drive caters to a wide variety of fitness levels and challenges.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Stream world-leading interactive classes through cycling apps such as Peloton, Zwift and more.
- Upper-Body Workouts: The bike comes with a pair of 3 lb. dumbbells to support targeted upper-body workouts.
- Precise Resistance: 100 micro-adjustable resistance levels allow you to find the perfect challenge.
- Tablet Holder: Allows you to dock your own device to stream your classes.
- Customizable Pedals: The dual link SPD foot pedals come standard with toe cages or clips allowing you to customize your ride.
- Multi-grip Handlebars: The multi-grip handlebars allow you to target different muscle groups and stay comfortable during intense rides.
- Adjustable: Vertical and horizontal adjustment of the seat and handlebars help you find your perfect fit.
- Data monitor: Track your time, distance, calories, heart rate and more with ease.
- Wireless Telemetry: Bluetooth heart-rate armband included so you can track your heart rate accurately and with ease.
- Dual Water bottle holders: Keep your water within easy reach.
- USB charging station: Make sure a low battery doesn’t interrupt your app integration.
- Warranty: 10-year frame warranty, 3-year mechanical and electrical warranty and 1-year labor warranty.
- Workout Variety: No preset workouts.
- Console: Basic LCD included to track your stats but there is no high-tech console included for streaming workouts.
- No Fan: No fan to keep cool during workouts.
- Hard, Narrow Seat: Many customers have complained of the discomfort, suggesting a gel cushion.
- JRNY Subscription Fee: You have to pay for access after first year.
- Hard to See Tablet: Since the media/tablet holder doesn’t tilt, it can be hard to see your device during your workout.
The Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike allows you to bring immersive, interactive spin classes into the comfort of your own home. At just 48.7” long by 21.2” wide, it’s suitable for most home gyms. It offers an impressive combination of features, including a hefty 40-pound drive that supports 100 levels of magnetic resistance, Bluetooth connectivity, and dual link pedals with toe cages. Read on for our full review of the IC4 bike, including its workout programs, features, and warranty.
Schwinn IC4 Workout Programs
Although the IC4 doesn’t have any preset workout programs, but its Bluetooth connectivity opens the doors to a wide variety of training opportunities. The bike is designed to work with an array of the most popular cycling apps on the market including:
- Zwift for competition with other riders
- Explore the World, which requires use of JRNY app for virtual immersion into riding trails across the globe
- And many more
You can access the connected apps from your phone, tablet, or smart TV via Bluetooth. As for keeping on top of your workout stats, the IC4 has an LCD data monitor as described below. You can connect the Bluetooth heart-rate armband included with the bike to keep tabs on your heart rate and stay within your optimum training zone. Any changes to the resistance are made manually, controlled with a dial.
Schwinn IC4 Features
The IC4 bike’s resistance comes from a 40-pound flywheel with a quiet belt drive. A dial is set beneath the handlebars, allowing you to precisely work your way up through the IC4’s 100 micro-adjustable resistance levels. The multi-grip handlebars are shaped to support multiple riding poses, allowing you to target different muscles each time you work out, and stay comfortable while you ride. What’s more, there’s a set of 3 lb. dumbbells with easy access cradles for your targeted upper-body workouts. As for monitoring your exercise data, the IC4 offers an LCD monitor which displays your time, distance, calories, and RPMs. What’s more, as its Bluetooth compatible, it allows you to connect your Bluetooth heart-rate armband (which is included in your purchase) to track your heart rate as your ride. This helps you to stay within your target heart-rate zone, to make your training sessions more effective and efficient.
Like to mix up your pedalling style? The IC4 offers dual link pedals with toe cages which allows you to choose between standard toe cages or SPD clips based on your riding preferences.Adding to the customization, you can horizontally and vertically adjust the IC4 bike’s seat and handlebars to find your perfect fit. Other comfort features include dual water bottle holders to keep your water within easy reach.
Warranty, Shipping & Guarantee
The Schwinn IC4 warranty includes:
– Frame: 10 years
– Mechanical & Electrical: 3 Years
– Labor: 1 Year
As for shipping, if you live within the 48 contiguous United States, you can get the IC4 bike delivered to you for free.
The Schwinn IC4 is a great exercise bike choice if you want the Peloton experience without the high sticker price. For a spin bike under $1,000, its 40-pound drive, wireless telemetry, and Bluetooth connectivity for interactive training is impressive. The IC4 is flexible and caters to a wide range of trainees and fitness levels. It allows you to customize your ride in a variety of ways, from the dual link pedals and adjustable seat, to the 100 levels of resistance and connectivity to a wide range of fitness apps. Whatever your riding style, fitness level, or interactive training preference, the IC4 can support your workout needs.
What’s NEW for 2021?
Now compatible with JRNY app for phones/tablets
Includes 1-year JRNY membership with IC4 purchase ($149 value)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Schwinn IC4 exercise bike quiet?
The Schwinn IC4 has a powerful combination of a 40-pound flywheel and magnetic resistance that makes for very smooth and quiet operation.
Does the Schwinn IC4 exercise bike have any pre-programmed workouts?
The Schwinn IC4 doesn’t have pre-programmed workouts. However, users can access endless training options using the integrated Bluetooth connectivity and compatibility with popular exercise apps.
What apps work with Schwinn IC4 exercise bike?
Users can sync with multiple apps including JRNY, Kinetic, Peloton, Explore the World, Rouvy, Sufferfest and Zwift for world-class training sessions.
What are the major differences between the Schwinn IC3 and Schwinn IC4 exercise bikes?
While both the IC3 and IC4 models are of high-quality, with the higher price tag comes extra features when you go with the Schwinn IC4 including maintenance-free, magnetic resistance; Bluetooth compatibility; tablet holder; and a set of 3-lb. dumbbells to use for cross-training. For the serious athlete, it can be well worth the extra investment for the Schwinn IC4.
Does the Schwinn IC4 exercise bike show wattage on the console?
While wattage is not shown on the console screen, when connected to the Kinetic app, this information will appear in the app in real time.