The Horizon T101 is a very affordable treadmill designed for the music lover, which is a good thing considering that streaming music has become as synonymous with exercise as dumbbells. The T101 treadmill offers both an audio input jack and Bluetooth audio capability with speakers at a budget price.
Priced at a very competitive $699, the T101 is ideal for the casual exerciser with a quiet 2.5 CHP motor backed by a lifetime warranty, speed up to 10 mph and incline range from 0 to 10%. The trainer also features an easy folding system for extra storage space when not in use.
Even though its sticker price is low, Horizon makes buying the T101 even easier by offering 0% financing on up to two year terms.
Learn more by reading our full Horizon Fitness T101 treadmill review below.
Our Rating: 88/100.
|Speed||0.1 - 10 mph|
|Incline||0 - 10%|
|Deck||20" x 55"|
|Belt||3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning|
|Max. Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||Pulse Grips|
|Dimensions||70" L x 34" W x 55" H|
Weight: 180 lbs.
|Display||Red LED (3-Window)|
Parts: 1 Year
Labor: 1 Year
Pros & Cons
- Music friendly: It offers an audio input jack, Bluetooth audio, device holder, USB charging port, and speakers.
- Price: At $699, the T101 provides a budget-friendly option for those looking to start working out at home.
- Easy Folding: Horizon’s FeatherLight Folding makes folding the T101 effortless.
- Light and compact: The T101 can be easily packed away after use, stored or transported.
- Fan: Its cooling fan provides extra comfort during workouts.
- Cushioning: 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning puts less stress on joints.
- Monitoring: Pulse grips provide quick heart rate readings.
- Warranty: The T101 offers lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, and 1 year on parts and labor, a great deal for a treadmill in its price class.
- Shipping: There have been a few complaints of broken parts when shipped.
- No Interactive Training: Many Horizon treadmills are Passport Ready, which means you can use a Passport Player to interactively train on them. The T101 is not one of them, so interactive training such as a trainer-controlled incline/decline workout is not possible here.
- Not particularly app friendly: Doesn’t have features that support fitness apps like Peloton, STUDIO, and iFit.
- Motor: The T101’s 2.5 CHP motor places it in the walking treadmill category; the motor is not powerful enough for serious running or regular intense workouts.
The Horizon T101 falls into the popular “budget treadmill” price range. That said, this doesn’t mean quality is sacrificed; Horizon stands behind their products, promising to test their equipment out at each phase of the manufacturing process and offers a lifetime frame and motor warranty even on the T101, the cheapest treadmill on their current roster.
The T101 treadmill features a 2.5 CHP motor, 20″ x 55″ running surface, pulse grip heart rate monitor and nine built-in workout programming options. It’s also equipped with a FeatherLight folding system and 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning system.
The Horizon Fitness T101 delivers 30 workout programs to help you reach your fitness goals and keep you motivated and challenged along the way. Whether it be losing weight, increasing muscle tone, building a strong heart or all of the above, the Horizon T101’s workout program options are enough to keep those at the start of their fitness journey challenged.
The T101 offers nine programming options with three targets (time, distance, calories) and three workouts (manual, intervals, weight loss). Workout categories include Calorie, Distance, Manual, Time, Weight loss.
To make sure you’re on track, you can utilize the built-in pulse grips to monitor your heart rate and get a quick readout on the LED display.
The Horizon T101 gives you three red LED windows allowing you to track calories, distance, heart rate, incline, speed, and time through the target/workout LED indicators.
For entertainment, its speakers allow you to play your tunes by plugging in your device to the accompanying audio jack or connecting to the T101 via Bluetooth.
As for comfort, the T101’s 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning system is kind to your joints in both your knees and ankles. Moreover, its fan guarantees a longer workout by keeping you cool during even the most intense exercising.
Lastly, the T101 is fitted with a FeatherLight folding lift system ensuring quick fold up and storage for users who want to reclaim their floor space after their workouts.
Questions & Answers
- How many amps does the Horizon T101 treadmill use? Horizon recommends a dedicated 15 amp circuit.
- Is the Horizon T101 treadmill easy to assemble? Overall, yes. That said, it’s always easier if one has two people to help.
- Is the Horizon T101 treadmill quiet when in use? All treadmills make some level of noise, but our experience is that this machine is relatively quiet.
- How often and how should one maintain their Horizon T101 treadmill? The manufacturer recommends one lubricate the running belt every 150 miles, or three to six months.
The Horizon Fitness T101 treadmill features a good warranty package for a machine with its price tag, including:
– Motor: Lifetime
– Frame: Lifetime
– Parts & Labor: 1 Year
The Horizon T101 is a solid, budget-friendly option for those who want to walk or jog on their treadmill; light to moderate workouts are the name of the game here. It’s a value buy with a few extras such as Bluetooth capability, a USB charging port, and built-in speakers.