The Sole E25 elliptical is Sole’s entry-level and most affordable cross trainer. Sale priced at just $999, the E25 provides a budget-friendly way to keep fit without straining sensitive joints in your ankles, knees and hips.
Some of its star features include a 20″ elliptical path, 20 incline settings and a 20-pound flywheel. It’s also Bluetooth-enabled and offers an integrated tablet holder, USB charging port, and Bluetooth audio speakers.
Want to learn more about the Sole E25 to see if it’s the right elliptical for you? Read our full review below.
Our Rating: 91.3/100.
|Resistance Type||Eddy Current Braking|
|Stride Length||Up to 20"|
|Incline||0 - 20|
|User Profiles||1 User|
|Heart Rate||Pulse Grips|
Chest Strap Compatible
|Max. Weight||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||70" x 24" x 64"|
Weight: 212 lbs
Parts: 3 Years
Electronics: 3 Years
Labor: 1 Year (In-Home)
Pros & Cons
- Low price from a reputable brand
- Industry-leading warranty
- Very quiet operation
- Oversized foot pedals for a comfortable workout
- Power incline with 20 settings
- 10 workout programs
- Wireless and touch heart rate monitoring
- Bluetooth connection for data storage/sharing
- Sized conveniently for most homes (at 70″ long x 24″ wide)
- Great customer support
- Lots of creature comforts including Bluetooth audio speakers, an integrated tablet holder, USB charging port, cooling fans, water bottle holder and accessory tray
- Cannot download new workouts
- Stride length isn’t adjustable
- Not powerful enough for elite athletes
Sole E25 Elliptical Full Review
The Sole E25 elliptical is the brand’s most affordable elliptical machine, combining low price with moderate force and high quality. With moving handlebars and a natural-feeling, well-designed elliptical footpath, it supports joint-friendly exercise for the whole body.
As for workout variety, on top of the eight preset workout programs designed to support diverse training goals, the Sole E25 also lets you design and save two customized routines.
The Sole E25 provides enough force to challenge many trainees, but less force compared with other Sole ellipticals — and that helps make the $999 discount price possible. Dig into the details of the workout programming, features and warranty on the Sole E25 below.
Although the E25 is Sole’s most affordable elliptical, it has the same workout selection as the brand’s top-of-the-line model.
The E25 offers 10 workout programs. Two of these are controlled by heart rate; they adjust the E25’s incline and resistance to help you exercise in your desired heart rate zone. Five of the programs are classics for elliptical trainers: Cardio, Fat Burn, Hill, Interval and Strength. The other options are manual mode and two custom user-designed routines.
Sole E25 Features
Sole elliptical trainers offer the advantage of incline training. While ellipticals from many other brands provide a single forward-and-back footpath, the Sole E25 offers 20 incline levels to help you target specific muscle groups. Incline controls are built into the handlebars for convenience.
Workout programming can be shown on a 6.5″ LCD built into the console or on your mobile device running the Sole Fitness app. You can keep your device within arm’s reach on the E25’s secure tablet holder.
New on Sole ellipticals is Bluetooth for connecting with the Sole Fitness app, which can store your session data on your mobile device (Apple or Android) and share the stats with your other mobile fitness apps. Additionally, the Sole app lets your mobile device work as the elliptical machine’s control center. Here, you can securely dock your tablet or smartphone on the E25’s console, use your touchscreen to set up a workout, use other apps while you train, and then export your workout data if desired.
As for heart rate monitoring, the Sole E25 has got you covered. It has built-in touch pulse sensors as well as wireless chest strap compatibility, and includes a chest strap with purchase.
Most important of all, Sole ellipticals support healthy motion. The E25 has oversized, inward-sloping pedals to best support your natural movement and reduce ankle and knee stress; this feature in particular makes the Sole E25 a great elliptical under $1,000.
Warranty & Guarantee
The Sole E25 elliptical has an excellent warranty for a machine in its price class, including:
– Frame: Lifetime
– Parts: 3 years
– Electronics: 3 years
– Labor: 1 year (In-home)
Sole ellipticals are also sold with 30-day money-back guarantees.
The Sole E25’s $999 web price makes it a top value choice for shoppers in the beginning and intermediate levels of cardio training. You won’t be paying for force you’ll never use, and you’ll get many of the features found on more expensive Sole ellipticals: Bluetooth for fitness stats tracking with the Sole Fitness app, 10 training programs, cooling fans, and more. For many shoppers with $1,000 elliptical trainer budgets, the Sole E25 is a good recommendation.
Alternatives: Comparing Sole Ellipticals
Is the E25 the best Sole elliptical for your body and budget? Consider two main factors when comparing Sole elliptical trainers: resistance and stride length.
- Resistance: The E25 is the lowest-priced Sole elliptical mainly because it has the brand’s lightest elliptical flywheel, a 20-pounder. Although that weight is not ideal for advanced athletes, it provides enough challenge for many trainees and is also heavier than what many other brands provide for $999. To amplify the challenge, the Sole E25 elliptical has a power incline; this makes the E25 a more effective body sculptor than ellipticals with similar flywheel weights but no incline.
- Stride: A 20″ stride (like that on the E25) is standard for the industry, and it supports a natural-feeling walking gait for most users. However, people who are significantly shorter or taller than average might prefer the Sole E95s. Although it’s double the price of the E25, it gives a stride range of 18 to 24 inches. This variety not only supports natural strides for almost anyone, but also provides more choices for targeted muscle toning no matter what your height.