The Sole F63 is another stellar release from the always-impressive SOLE line of fitness equipment. The most affordable folding treadmill in a top-rated collection by Sole, the F63 is made from high quality parts that are durable and reliable. It’s an affordable machine that doesn’t sacrifice quality or experience to hit that price point, still offering a sweat-dripping running or walking experience. This treadmill is packed with options that cater to beginner runners and walkers while also offering a variety of workouts to challenge even the most experienced user. The F63 is compact and has a foldable option for easy storage. This treadmill is affordable and extremely user friendly, making it a perfect option for someone building their first home gym.
Specs that make the F63 such a strong choice for runners include a durable 3.0 CHP motor, a 60″ track, a 12 mph top speed, and a commercial deck with excellent shock absorption.
Learn more from our Sole F63 Treadmill video review below.
|Speed||0.5 - 12 mph|
|Incline||0 - 15%|
|Deck||20" x 60"|
|Belt||Phenolic Deck w/ Shock Absorption|
|Max. Weight||325 lbs|
|Heart Rate||Pulse Grips|
& Chest Strap (optional)
|Dimensions||82" x 35" x 66"|
Weight: 254 lbs
|Display||White Back-lit 6.5" LCD|
Parts: 3 Years
Electronics: 3 Years
Labor: 1 Year
Many treadmills are sale priced at $999, but few have the quality of the Sole F63’s steel-framed folding unit designed for home use. The Sole F63 is quite possibly the most durable folding treadmill available under $1,000. It has an $1,799 MSRP but is available for far less at Sole’s website.
The F63 includes a 6.5” LCD screen that displays workout stats including calories burned, speed, time, heart rate, etc. The user’s own tablet computer can serve as the workout monitor with a free mobile app from Sole. One advantage of using this app during workout sessions is that it can sync with FitBit, MyFitnessPal and countless other apps that store exercise data. The display comes with 10 different workout programs and reaches up to 12mph in speed. The workout programs include cardio, fat burn, manual, and more to keep workouts exciting and fresh. Users can connect the SOLE app via Bluetooth to track their progress and results. There is also a fan built right into the display to keep users cool, an integrated tablet holder, Bluetooth audio speakers, and a USB charging port.
This treadmill boasts a 3.0 CHP motor, which allows for a quieter walking or running experience. The motor is cooled by powerful flywheels, which last longer than most competitors. The 2-ply running belt is 20 x 60” and offers CushionFlex technology that will reduce impact on joints up to 35-40%. This is a great feature for users who have had previous injuries and those looking to improve their fitness safely. The belt can hold up to 325lbs making it a strong and reliable treadmill.
The F63’s incline can go up to 15%, facilitating more intense workouts with a higher calorie burn and toned muscles. The F63 can reach up to 12mph, so runners can expect to shed pounds in no time. Speed and incline can both be adjusted in multiple locations on the treadmill (including the handrails) for quick changes mid-workout. There are two options for monitoring heart rate: touch sensors on the handlebars and a wireless chest strap (included with the machine). Monitoring heart rate allows users to track their progress and results more accurately.
The F63 is just as stable as traditional non-folding treadmills and it features many of the commercial quality components found on trainers that cost twice as much. Specs for the F63 now include a 20″ x 60″ running surface, a 3.0 continuous horsepower motor, 15 levels of track incline and a 10-item workout menu. Not bad at all for this price bracket. However if you have an extra $600 in your budget, we highly recommend stepping up to the F80 for a variety of reasons.
- Sturdy yet foldable frame
- 3.0 CHP motor
- 20″ x 60″ track
- CushionFlex Deck to reduce impact on joints
- Up to 15% incline
- Bluetooth compatible for SOLE App, FitBit, and MyFitness Pal
- Secure tablet holder
- Wireless heart rate receiver
- Contact pulse sensors
- Personal cooling fans
- Affordable price point
- 10 different workout programs
- Dual water bottle holders
- Fan built into the display
- Can hold up to 325lbs in weight
- Compact design and easy to maneuver around the home
- Integrated tablet holder
- Bluetooth audio speakers
- USB charging port
- Simple functions, no real-life trainers or interactive displays
- Slow acceleration compared to other models
- Short side rails
The Sole F63 treadmill is budget-friendly, but quite well-made. It’s just as sturdy as non-folding treadmills and offers an impressive experience that few other brands can match at this price point.
The newest version of the F63 builds upon this model’s earlier success with more conveniently located speed and incline controls, an improved console screen, and enhancements for integrating wireless tech.
The F63, like all treadmills in the Sole collection, has a 10-item program menu. Six of the programs are preset workouts that control the treadmill’s speed and incline to focus especially on cardio endurance, calorie burn, or muscle toning. Two additional programs use heart rate data to control the treadmill’s challenge level, keeping the user within a predetermined heart rate zone. The final two slots are for user designed programs customized to fit your needs.
Sole F63 Features
The Sole F63 has a foldable frame. The folding is accomplished with hydraulic assist, so the machine does most of the work.
Entertainment is supported through Bluetooth audio speakers. There is also a shelf available to securely support a tablet computer. The Sole Fitness App lets a tablet computer serve as a secondary program monitor. It can collect exercise stats in the background, while trainees watch Netflix or use other apps during workouts. The Sole Fitness App can then sync with the user’s preferred fitness app for keeping all exercise data in one place. As well, the Sole F63 also includes a USB charging port for your devices.
Automated incline supports excellent conditioning. It has 30 settings in half-percent increments ranging up to a 15% incline. Controls are accessed both on the handlebars and the console.
For heart rate monitoring, contact pulse monitors are built in and Sole treadmills are compatible with wireless chest straps. Two of the F63’s preset workouts are controlled by heart rate.
Sole’s CushionFlex Deck can reduce joint impact by up to 40% when compared with outdoor jogging paths.
This treadmill also offers personal cooling fans, two bottle holders, and an accessory tray.
Questions & Answers
- Are the Sole F63 treadmill speakers Bluetooth compatible? Yes, this machine’s speakers come ready for Bluetooth.
- Can I enter my weight to calculate burned calories on the Sole F63 treadmill? Yes.
- How quickly does the Sole F63 treadmill incline change? To adjust the speed of incline, simply use the desired keys 2-10 on the console.
- Where is the Sole F63 treadmill made? The treadmill is manufactured in China.
- Is it difficult to assemble the Sole F63 treadmill? Not at all. Having a partner help will make it easier, but with all the instructional videos online we’ve found it to be quite easy. The company also offers for $239 a full assembly package completed by the delivery team.
- How often should I maintain the Sole F63 treadmill? We recommend every 40 hours of use.
Warranty & Guarantee
The Sole F63 warranty includes:
– Frame: Lifetime
– Motor: Lifetime
– Parts & Electronics: 3 Years
– Labor: 1 Year
Return Policy: Sole Fitness cardio trainers are sold with 30-day money-back guarantees.
What’s New for 2021?
- New for this year, the F63 features an integrated tablet holder. This holder allows one to attach smart devices to the machine while in use. For those who feel the 6.5″ LCD screen is insufficient this is a big plus as the holder works with phones or tablets.
- The new model also includes a USB port for charging devices. Obviously the inclusion of a tablet holder means users will need to keep their devices fully charged while using their choice of fitness apps during the workout.
- Bluetooth Audio Speakers are also part of this year’s upgrades, and that’s in keeping with the tablet holder and USB port as the machine’s entertainment options have become significantly improved this year.
The Sole F63 might be simple, but that’s exactly what will make it ideal for most users. SOLE built this treadmill for new athletes and won’t overwhelm them with complicated functions. The F63 gets the job done through multiple workout options, incline capabilities, heart rate monitoring, and a cushioned belt. It’s an impressive entry-level machine with a very tempting price point.
The Sole brand never fails to provide reliable and sturdy machines that help users reach their fitness goals. Customers can track their progress through the machine or by connecting their apps via Bluetooth so they can monitor their starts even when they aren’t using the treadmill. The Sole F63 is highly recommended for beginners and those seeking a club-quality treadmill that won’t break the bank.