The Nordictrack X14i Incline Trainer has been discontinued.
The NordicTrack Incline Trainer series is getting a refresh for 2021, much like much of the brand’s offerings, including the arrival of the Commercial X14i. The new model comes as a replacement for the X11i, with a few key tweaks and improvements for a modest $50 price bump. It’s a combination of hardware and software that elevates the new NordicTrack Commercial X14i for the new year, and while hardcore incline trainers like this one are still rather niche, but if a steep grade and steeper calorie burn is what you’re after, you’re in the right place.
Rating: 95/100. So let’s start from the beginning. The Incline Trainer line from Nordictrack is different from other treadmills in that it offers an aggressive 40% incline rather than the more standard 10 or 12% incline seen in standard residential and commercial treadmills. This is not the type of thing for those looking for a nice slow pace to maintain mobility. This is a serious piece of kit for those looking to get themselves into, or maintain peak physical condition. If you’re heavier and looking to shed pounds, this can also be the path for you, as a steep incline walk can be just as effective as a shorter sprint.
- Reasonably priced. This treadmill comes in at $2,299, which, for a commercial grade treadmill is very reasonable, especially when you consider all the great specs this particular model is going to offer.
- Offers massive incline capabilities. You can take this model up to a 40% incline, which is way higher than most other treadmills on the market. Why is this beneficial? Calorie burn, strengthening of your lower body, improved cardiovascular fitness, and less stress on your joints are all things that you can look forward to.
- Easy to use interactive HD touch screen. You’ll get a 14-inch touch screen with this model, making it easy to tune into your instructor led classes with iFit without having to peer or lean forward. Big screens can dramatically increase the overall user experience.
- Bluetooth audio update. Previously you could only connect your smartphone or tablet to the treadmill in order to stream your playlist through its speakers while working out. Now, you can pair a set of Bluetooth headphones, so that you can listen to your streaming workout instructor without disrupting the rest of the household.
- iFit compatible. If you’re someone who wants to change things up regularly, iFit is the way to do it. This treadmill is going to give you plenty of different workout opportunities so no matter what your goals happen to be, you can strive to reach them – and get the guidance you need while doing so. iFit gives you not only instructor led classes but also gives you the ability to run all around the world, choosing any pathway that you desire.
- Workout tracking abilities. You can also track your workouts seamlessly and accurately with this machine. It’ll keep track of all your stats so you can compare your performance over time and make absolutely sure that you are seeing the progress that you desire.
- Family account. With the updated model you get a free 1-year iFit family membership included rather than an individual one, meaning that multiple users in the household can use the machine as they see fit.
- Strength building options. Your treadmill can also double as a sled. Simply grip the handle bars like you were pushing a sled and set your treadmill to manual mode. Now push with your legs and watch how much of a challenge you’re going to face.
- Great cushioning provided through their Reflex CushioningTM, which is designed to make it feel like you are running on a road but still give you the impact support you need.
- Continuous horsepower motor. This motor is one of the strongest in the industry so you can rest assured it’ll hold up to even the most intense workouts that you dish out.
- Cooling capabilities to prevent overeating. This can keep the machine working better in the long run and therefore, requiring less maintenance.
- Good warranty coverage. No matter what goes wrong, you’ll be fully covered for 3 years and after that, you’ll only be paying for labor until you reach the 6 year mark.
- Onboard programming. We continue to struggle to get a clear answer from NordicTrack about this—with the growth of iFit programming, we’re getting no indication of these machines having any built-in training options, in case you decide to drop iFit after your first year of membership. Most users will continue with the streaming service, but it’s still something to consider.
- Shorter warranty. As of 2020, NordicTrack shortened the warranties on all of their equipment. They’re still better than some of the startups in the industry (Echelon, for example), but they no longer rival the security of a Sole treadmill warranty.
The Commercial X14i treadmill is a fantastic option for anyone who wants to do more with their treadmill. The unit is effectively more like a treadmill and a stair climber combined, as the incline goes all the way up to 40%. Set it to that incline and it’s going to feel like you’re climbing a very steep flight of stairs.
As key selling features, the display screen is now 14 inches across, and has improved drivers for sharper image delivery. The console now uses dual-band WiFi as well to ensure a more stable connection. Though Bluetooth audio connection was previously available to stream playlists from your devices through the machine, this year NordicTrack now allows for the pairing of Bluetooth headphones, so you can listen to your instructor-led classes without disrupting the rest of the house.
The treadmill also features extra shock absorption, but still will feel like you’re running on a real road, so this can make it extra pleasurable to run on and is a fantastic option for anyone who may be training for a full or half marathon. The high grade continuous motor also ensures that it can keep up with such workouts if you are raising the intensity and duration.
The big selling feature at hand is the X14i’s connection to iFit interactive streaming training, now delivered by a bigger and sharper 14-inch HD touchscreen display. You can follow instructor led programming, recorded in studio or on real-world running trails. Your incline and speed will be automatically adjusted along the way. Your first year of membership is included with purchase, and after the first year the subscription will run you $39/month. As noted above, we are waiting on confirmation from NordicTrack to find out if there are any additional built-in workout programs in the X14i that would allow you to train without iFit.
NordicTrack Commercial X14i Features
This treadmill has a number of features that make it a very attractive model to invest in. This includes a nice steep incline at 40%, which will allow you to burn a massive number of calories without having to run, a superior shock absorption deck that still gives you that real life feel you’re looking for, a top notch console that comes with a large touch screen coupled with cooling fans, speakers, and a tablet holder, along with a strong motor that won’t skip a beat on you.
From beginner to advanced trainees, this is a machine that you’ll want to be on the lookout for.
Warranty & Guarantee
The Commercial X14i is delivered with NordicTrack’s standard-issue warranty. The frame is covered for 10 years, parts and electronics are covered for two years, and labor is covered for one year.
All in all, the Commercial X14i treadmill is a fantastic option for those who want quality at a reasonable price. It will accommodate most users, offer a great experience, and hold up over time, so there really isn’t all that much more you could ask for in a machine.