A king among home treadmills, the Landice L8, a high-end treadmill for running and walking at home, is built for a lifetime of service. It’s identical to the Landice L9 found in high-traffic health clubs and featuring a commercial warranty. Landice fitness machines are made in the USA, and excellent quality control is a brand hallmark.
Outstanding basics include a bulletproof frame, a supersized 63” x 22” track with 15 percent power incline, 8.0 peak horsepower, and a 500 lb. weight capacity. Special features range from orthopedic cushioning to a 19” treadmill TV. Optional features include a 19” Landice treadmill TV, a bracket for mounting your own big screen, and a tablet computer holder. Landice treadmills can also be customized with orthopedic cushioning and/or long handrails (medical rails).
In a nutshell the L8 is the best Landice home treadmill for runners taller than 6’ or heavier than 350 pounds. It’s also ideal for marathoners, triathletes, and other competitive runners as the added space emulates outdoor training environments. For smaller trainees, the L7 is the better buy.
Get details below from our free Landice L8 review!
|Deck||63” x 22”|
|Programs||Varies, RunSocial app|
|Max. Weight||500 lbs|
|Heart Rate||Pulse Grips, Wireless Chest Strap|
|Dimensions||83”x 35”x 60”|
Parts & Wear Items: Lifetime
Control Panel: Lifetime (except the Achieve: 5 years)
Labor: One year
- Commercial quality
- Lifetime residential warranty on parts
- Spacious 63” x 22” workout space
- High quality standard cushioning, optional orthopedic upgrade
- Power incline to 15 percent
- 4.0 CHP commercial AC motor (8.0 HP peak)
- Top speed 12 mph
- Four-ply tread belt (Maintenance-free)
- Choice of three control panels
- Wireless and contact heart rate monitoring
- Optional 19” treadmill TV
- Optional computer/TV bracket
- Optional medical handrails for safety
- Safety key and emergency stop cord
- Reversible deck for longevity
- Welded frame with powder coating
- 500-pound weight capacity
- High sale price
- Weighs 340 pounds
- Large footprint (83” long x 35” wide)
Landice makes top-notch treadmills for home gyms and commercial fitness centers. The Landice L8 treadmill carries a lifetime home-use warranty, and it’s identical to the L9 with club-use warranty. Pricing starts around $4,800.
Workout Programs & Landice Control Panels
Landice treadmills are each compatible with three control panels. Each Landice control panel is packaged with a Polar chest strap for wireless heart rate monitoring.
Pro Sports Control Panel
The Landice Pro Sports control panel looks identical to the Cardio panel above. However, it features fewer workout programs and can only save one user profile.
Users can enjoy five preset workout programs. These programs adjust the L8 treadmill belt speed and incline and can be customized. Additionally the Pro Sports computer lets the user save five customized workouts.
Cardio Control Panel
The Landice Cardio control panel shows feedback in three LCD windows. These are backlit for easy reading in any ambient light. Preset program choices include:
- Built-In: Fat Burn, Endurance, Interval, Intermediate, Advanced
- Goal: Distance, Time, Calories
- Heart Rate Control: Heart Rate Control, Interval Heart Rate Control + two custom settings per user
- Fitness Tests: Three programs
Additionally four users can save five custom workout programs each.
Achieve Control Panel
The Achieve control panel is the premium option with the highest cost and most in terms of workout programming and special features. Some of these include:
- 8 Built-in programs
- 6 user-defined programs
- Time, distance, and calorie goal programs
- 2 HIIT programs
- Balke, Firefighter, Army fitness tests
- 2 Built-in interactive heart-rate monitoring programs
- 4 User-defined heart-rate monitoring programs
Landice L8 Features
The Landice L8 treadmill frame is large and non-folding. It measures 83” L x 35” W x 60” H. It’s forged from aircraft-grade bulletproof material, and it can support a 500-pound trainee.
Landice treadmill decks are 1” thick and reversible. The L8’s standard cushioning is high quality, being approximately three times more effective than grassy workout surfaces at impact deflection. The premium orthopedic cushioning is measured at seven times softer than a grass track.
Virtually maintenance-free, the L8 treadbelt is four-ply and moves over 3.5” rollers.
A quiet 4.0 CHP motor (8.0 HP peak) powers the tread belt. Landice’s VFX Shock Absorption System provides superior impact reduction and is designed for optimum comfort and smoothness. It feels five times softer than grass!
A heavy-duty incline motor supports incline training at up to 15 percent grade.
For on-board digital entertainment you can add a 19” Landice treadmill TV, attach your own TV or computer, or dock a mobile device.
A magnetic key and lanyard help protect the user and prevent unauthorized use.
- Tablet Bracket- $149.99
- iPad*, Android tablet*, or electronic reader
- Adjustable to fit 7″ to 12″ device
- VESA-D Bracket- $250
Supports up to 19-inch VESA-D 75/100 compatible flat screen computers, computer monitors, and TV’s
Warranty & Guarantee
The Landice L8 residential warranty includes:
– Frame: Lifetime
– Parts & Wear Items: Lifetime
– Control Panel: Lifetime for each except the Achieve, which is under warranty for five years
– Labor: One year
The Landice L8 treadmill is a FitRated favorite for homes with taller runners. This cardio trainer far outperforms the typical home treadmill, and in many ways it’s superior to others built for clubs. True to Landice’s word, the L8 can be a treadmill for a lifetime. Along with the smaller L7 it’s a top recommendation for high-end home gym shoppers.