Velocity Magnetic Rower Review
If you haven’t heard of Velocity fitness, we wouldn’t blame you—neither had we. This is another one of those tricky situations where a relatively unknown brand has carved itself out a half decent reputation through online sales, so given its growing popularity we deemed the unit worthy of a closer look. Of its benefits, the use of magnetic resistance and inclusion of a wireless heart rate monitor put it ahead of the pack. On the flip side, a very short warranty and poorly lit console monitor knock it a good few steps in the opposite direction. For more details, read on below.
Get great cardio workouts at home with the Velocity Magnetic Rower. This reliable fitness machine sells for under $800 and fares very well in customer reviews. As its name explains, the Velocity Magnetic Rower uses magnetic resistance—and that’s the quietest type available. Tension is controlled electronically with buttons on the console. Seating is comfortable; a large polyurethane saddle is nicely molded.
To help you make the most of exercise sessions, this machine has preset workout programs and wirelessly monitors your heart rate. The LCD screen also shows exercise time, distance, strokes per minute, total count, and calories burned. A power cord is required (included).
The Velocity Magnetic Rower’s dimensions are 80” long x 20” wide x 25” high, making it medium sized for a rowing machine. It can be folded for storage. Is it the best choice for your workout room? Here are some considerations.
- Assembly: Assembling this product is hassle-free and takes just about 30 minutes.
- Quiet & Powerful Resistance: Rowing machines are quiet in general, but those with magnetic resistance are virtually silent. The resistance on the Velocity Magnetic Rower is controlled electronically and can challenge a wide range of ability levels.
- Strong Frame: The Velocity’s frame is built from sturdy anodized aluminum. It’s under warranty for five years.
- LCD Monitor: The LCD monitor on this unit is well-placed; with some other brands, the monitors are too far away to be useful during exercise. You can choose from six built-in training programs, which include some target heart rate workouts, and save routines that you design.
- Heart Rate Monitor: A complete wireless heart rate monitoring system is included. With most other rowing machines the chest strap is sold separately.
- Comfortable Seat: The seat could be a bit softer, but it’s more comfortable than what many other rowing machines provide.
- Non-Slip Pedals: This rower has oversized pedals to promote comfort. They have Velcro straps for safety.
- Easy to Store/Move: The Velocity Magnetic Rower can easily be folded for storage. Attached wheels make it easy to move into place.
- Monitor: The Velocity Magnetic Rower’s monitor is poorly backlit. This isn’t a big deal, but you’ll want to have a lamp near the machine when rowing at night.
- Customer Service: The customer service behind this product gets complaints.
- Warranty: The warranty provides free parts and labor for just 90 days. The frame is covered for five years.
The Velocity Magnetic Rower has a poor warranty, yet the product has a great reputation among owners. It is a good choice for people looking to spend $799 or less.
Frequently Asked Questions
80" L x 21" W x 25" H
Maximum User Weight Capacity