Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Review: Best Monitor for the Money
Young or old, it is never too early to monitor your overall health to improve your quality of life and longevity. There are so many different illnesses and diseases that can affect your body, protceting it, and warding off problems before they start, is key. One of the best ways to do this is by regularly checking your blood pressure. And thanks to some great at-home monitors, it’s easier than ever.
Yes, your physician can check your pressure during a check-up, but that is not enough, especially if you already have health issues. High blood pressure can be an early indicator of something more serious, so having a monitor you can rely on can alter your life for the better. Which us where the Omron 5 monitor comes in. Considered to be one of the best on the market, it can handle all your health needs,
For those of you who are interested in what kind of features and benefits this blood pressure monitor offers, here’s a Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Review to show you what it’s all about.
Why do you need a blood pressure monitor?
If you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, or suffer from a condition affected by it, you should consider buying a blood pressure monitor. A monitor can help you keep tabs on it and prevent critical problems from occurring.
When blood pressure is too high, it creates a situation that causes the pressure to pushes against the artery walls of the heart, which can do a significant amount of damage if not addressed. By using a monitor, you can know instantly if your presssure spikes and address it.
Omron 5 Key Features and benefits
If you need to monitor your blood pressure, or a loved one’s, then the Omron series 5 monitor is a great choice. With an easy to use cuff and technological advances that give you precise readings, it is a bargain at around $40. Among its key features are:
- Larger than average cuff: the cuff is made to fit both standard and large arms, so it works for both men and women. The larger cuff also makes it a good fit for those who are heavy set, making them feel comfortable as it gauges their pressure
- Advanced accuracy: fitted with advanced accuracy, the Omron 5 gives pinpoint readings every time. It is reliable and accurate, and is rated #1 among pharmacists.
- Automatic digital display: the display automatically shows your reading and will also display the average of your last 3 readings (provided they are taken within a 10-minute time frame). Readings are quick and precise and the display has large, clear numbers for easy reading.
- Compares your readings with standard ones: this machine will analyze your readings and compare it to normal household readings, so you know if there are any possible issues.
It can also store up to 100 readings in its memory, for one or multiple users.
- Emergency alert: the Omron 5 will alert you is your heartbeat is irregular while taking a reading, helping to warn you of any potential problems.
- Compared with physician’s devices – accuracy readings are the same most of the time.
- Convenient for 2 people
- Easy to use
- People complain about it not be calibrated properly
- Complaints about machine giving a higher rating than their physician’s office
What can an individual do with a blood pressure monitor?
A blood pressure monitor can be used to keep track of your blood pressure on a daily basis, and to make sure that it remains in a healthy range. It can also be used to determine if you are dealing with too much stress, or eating wrong, as both can cause your pressure to spike. For instance, if you check your pressure after dinner and it is high, you may need to cut back on salt intake in the future.
Also, with exercise, you can learn to do the right types of activities that will keep your blood pressure lower and not too high.
What to look for in the best blood pressure monitors?
There are several types of blood pressure monitors on the market today, so it is important to know what they are and how they differ. Two of the most common that people can purchase for home use are those with a digital reading and those with a manual reading. Even though the digital blood pressure monitors have increased in popularity over time, it is still important to note that the manual blood pressure cuffs can be very effective. Therefore, to ensure you buy the best one, you’ll need to start by making a distinction between the digital and manual.
After determining which one is best, you need to consider the type of features contained in the best models. For instance, if you have a big arm, you’ll need to buy a blood pressure monitor that fits correctly and confortably. Also, if you prefer the digital monitor over the manual monitor, there are features that will allow you to operate it easily without any problems, like a touch button to inflate instead of a manual pump.
The Omron 5 Series that fits Standard and Large Arms (BP742N) vs the Omron 10 Series Wireless Blood-Pressure Monitor with Cuff that fits Standard and Large Arms
Omron makes two different models that people can chooses from today and they are the Omron 5 series and the Omron 10 series.
Some of the main differences between the Omron 5 series and the Omron 10 series are as follows:
- Omron 10 stores more readings since it can be connected to a smart phone.
- Omron 10 provides multi-colored indicator lights that clearly shows difference when readings are being compared.
Therefore, people will need to review each to see which model provides and will fit their specific needs.
Q & A
1. Is there a device manual?
No, this device is made with a one touch button that begins the process of taking the blood pressure automatically.
2. I have big arms, how large is the cuff?
The cuff ranges from 9 to 17 inches.
3. 3. Does this device require a power cord?
Where to buy Omron 5 Series?
One of the best places to buy this blood pressure monitor is online via amazon.com, which provides buyers with a number of great benefits that can be passed on to the consumer, like fast turn-around times and excellent customer service. With Amazon, the buyer will find that this monitor has quite a few features that the user will need in order to check and read the equipment correctly.
Therefore, people will need to become very familiar with each feature so that they will know how to use the blood pressure monitor whenever it is needed.
Summation of Customer Review
For the most part, customers are pleased with this blood pressure monitor. With a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, most users will recommend it to others. However, some of these users do not recommend it as an accurate device since they received higher or lower readings in comparison to their physician’s equipment.
Overall, the Omron 5 Series Blood Pressure Monitor Review provides a lot of useful information to people who want to keep up with their readings on a daily basis. With this equipment, it is simple to use and to read so virtually anyone can take a person’s blood pressure without any issues. Two people can also use this device and it can be programmed to store readings of up to 100. So, it is a great buy for those who want to monitor their blood pressure in the privacy of their home.