Cize is a four-week hip hop dance exercise program from Beachbody led by personal trainer Shaun T, who teaches impressive choreographed dance routines for cardio endurance, core strengthening and total-body toning. If you want a high-energy fitness program set to songs originally recorded by popular artists like Bruno Mars, Destiny’s Child and Sia… then Cize is for you!
It’s worth noting that although Beachbody are phasing out DVDs, you can still purchase Cize on DVD as well as streaming it via Beachbody On Demand, so you can decide which option is best for you. Keep in mind that the online streaming option gives you access to some additional Cize workouts and online program materials.
Want to learn more about Cize with Shaun T and whether it’s right for you? Read on for FitRated’s full review.
|Program||Cize by Beachbody|
|Skill Level||All Levels|
|Program Duration||4 weeks|
Why have we given Cize this rating? Although it offers a number of great features, it doesn’t pass the 80% mark; there are some drawbacks you need to be aware of.
Cize is designed to help you learn a variety of different hip hop moves to some of today’s hottest music. Get your groove on to Ariana Grande, Bruno Mars or Missy Elliott alongside Beachbody coach and personal trainer to the stars Shaun T (Shaun Thompson). You can rest assured that he knows his stuff. Not only has he worked as a backup dancer for the likes of Mariah Carey, he’s also had endorsement deals with Nike and other world-leading fitness brands.
The best thing about Cize? When you’re up, moving, and dancing, it’s easy to forget that you are actually exercising. With Cize, you’ll have fun while working all your major muscle groups and burning up fat at the same time.
You can choose to watch Cize on DVD or stream it on Beachbody On Demand. With both options you’ll get the Cize ‘Eat Up!’ meal plan as well as workout calendars and other program support materials to help deliver even better results. Diet is half the equation in any body transformation, so you’ll definitely want to check these out when you’re completing the program.
The workout also comes with an ‘8 Count Abs Workout’ just focused on the abdominal core, so if getting six pack abs is one of your goals, just turn to this a few times each week alongside the program.
Right now, you can get the entire Cize DVD program for just north of $70 ($72.80 to be exact), or stream the workouts online via Beachbody On Demand.
So what are the pros and cons of Cize?
- Makes Exercise Fun: Feel like you dread your workouts? If so, Cize is for you. One of the highlights most people note about this program is the fact that it doesn’t even feel like you’re doing a workout. Instead, you’re just going about your sessions, feeling great as you do. This is huge for people who dislike fitness. If it can get you engaged and sticking with it, you’ll be seeing better results than ever before.
- Build Strength: Doing these workouts will also help you build strength. Because you’re supporting your bodyweight as you do all the dance moves, they’re great for building up your lower body and may also help to increase bone density as well. That’s a huge plus for anyone hoping to improve their health.
- Burns Fat: You can torch a lot of calories dancing , so don’t underestimate the effectiveness of a dance workout. The more you move it and put into this dance class, the more you burn. So let yourself go; dance like nobody’s watching.
- Learn A New Skill: Most people don’t know how to hip hop dance, so this is another huge benefit this class provides. It’ll teach you a new skill and if you ever do go out dancing, be prepared to be the star of the show.
- Equipment Free: You won’t need any equipment when you opt for Cize workouts. This program is equipment free, so it’s perfect for those who just want to do it at home in their living room.
- Two Delivery Options: With Cize workouts, you get two deliver options: DVD and streamed online video. Whichever your preference happens to be, this program can cater to it.
- Meal Plans Included: It’s always important to take nutrition into account and Cize has done that; it’s a very well rounded approach.
- Online Support: If you need help quickly, just contact BeachBody’s online support; it’s there whenever you need it.
- Advanced Moves: First, some people complain that these workouts are just too challenging. They are fast paced dance classes and if you have never danced before, you may find that you get lost in the steps. If you push through it you should be able to learn, but some beginners may complain of this.
- Music Selection: Not everyone is going to love the music being used in these classes, and many of the songs are not originals done by the actual artists, but remakes by other people.
- DVD playback problems: The most common reason for returns with this program are DVD playback problems. There’s always that risk when you purchase a physical product, so you might consider going the streaming route instead to avoid this.
- No overload with resistance: Finally, there won’t be any sort of overload with resistance in this program plan, so that’s another thing to keep in mind. If one of your main goals is to build muscle, this plan isn’t going to help you achieve that.
Cize Full Review
Cize is a dance exercise video program for at-home fitness. The workout sessions are led by Shaun T, a celebrity personal trainer who also leads the Beachbody Insanity and Hip Hop Abs series plus many other video workouts. As a personal trainer to the stars, he has become a common household name in the fitness industry, guest starring on shows like Ellen and The Oprah Winfrey Show. Coached by Shaun T with his Cize videos, most people focus on mastering their dance moves, not on how much exercise time is remaining.
How it Works
Cize dance workout videos are sold on DVD and can also be streamed over WiFi to your computer, mobile device or TV via Beachbody On Demand.
Both options provide a Beachbody nutritional guide called ‘Eat Up!’ that provides recipes and explains how to portion your daily calorie needs for the best fitness results, as well as other additional program materials to help you get the best results possible.
The celebrity personal trainer Shaun T leads viewers through impressive dance routines, carefully breaking down each move for easy learning. Many Cize users take part in Cize groups online, where they find fitness tips and get questions answered. People also join in-person “Cize support groups” for extra motivation and to experience the dance exercise videos with friends old and new.
Cize is a four-week hip hop dance exercise program led by the celebrity personal trainer Shaun T with backup from a dance/exercise crew. Most Cize workouts are about 35 to 40 minutes long, and each video begins with Shaun teaching a breakdown of dance exercise moves. By the end of a workout, you can fit the moves into a seamless dance routine set to a popular song.
Here are the main Cize workout videos with their featured songs and the original artists:
- Crazy 8s – Hands In the Air (Timbaland)
- You Got This – Treasure (Bruno Mars)
- Full Out – Lose My Breath (Destiny’s Child)
- In the Pocket – Problem (Ariana Grande)
- Go For It – Pass That Dutch (Missy Elliott)
- Livin’ In the 8s – Chandelier (Sia)
A bonus workout packaged with the Cize DVD set is 8-Count Abs, Shaun T’s eight-minute abdominal routine which also involves dance exercise. It uses the song Headsprung, which was originally recorded by LL Cool J.
You can get the entire Cize DVD program for around $70 ($72.80 to be exact), or stream the workouts online with a subscription to Beachbody On Demand. This service will let you stream Cize and hundreds of other exercise videos (and cooking videos) anytime. There’s a variety of subscription packages to choose from, and a six-month subscription to Beachbody On Demand costs less than the whole Cize exercise program.
Shaun T and Cize are popular for good reasons. A big part of success with at-home fitness is liking the instructor and feeling motivated; Cize has got this covered. Combining Shaun’s coaching, choreography skills and personality with popular and energizing music is a recipe for fitness success. We also like how Beachbody provides two different Cize workout calendars (Beginner and Advanced).
One possible drawback is that Cize workouts are all high-intensity. Another possible drawback is the price per day if you choose the DVD option. If you make home exercise a habit, then in the long run it might be cheaper to subscribe to streaming fitness videos by Beachbody On Demand or a similar company.