The Total Gym Supreme is a versatile home gym solution for strength, flexibility and cardio training. By adjusting the angle of a Total Gym, you adjust the challenge; it works with gravity so you can exercise against different percentages of your body weight. The Supreme model is the simplest Total Gym, but it supports more than 60 exercises with its tri-grip bars, pulleys and other accessories. Read on for our Total Gym Supreme review.
|Model||Total Gym Supreme|
|Max. Weight||% of bodyweight|
|User Weight||275 lbs|
|Accessories||- Total Gym Tools & DVD|
Rating: 80.0/100. The popular Total Gym Supreme is the lowest priced home gym in the Total Gym series. Many shoppers appreciate how a Total Gym works with gravity and is less jarring to your joints and tendons compared with weight stacks and dumbbells. The Total Gym bench, called a Glideboard, has adjustable angle so you can work against different percentages of your body weight. It allows pull-ups, ab crunches, leg presses and much more. Supporting more than 60 exercises, it can train your whole body in seamless 10 to 20 minute workout sessions.
The gravity method of strength training is easier on your body compared with using weight stacks or free weights; your joints don’t experience harsh impact with each repetition. DVDs and an exercise chart are provided to show how that Total Gym Supreme is versatile enough for everything from very gentle to very intense training.
Other advantages of the Total Gym Supreme are quiet operation and no-assembly-required setup.
- Uses your bodyweight for customized resistance training
- 60+ exercise options let you keep gym workouts varied
- Includes workout DVDs and a nutritional program
- Low impact on joints compared with traditional weight gyms
- Low price for a Total Gym; costs less than $600 on sale
- Sturdy, yet light enough to be moved
- Free trial (30 or 60 days)
- Excellent customer reviews
- Warranty coverage is short for the frame and parts
- Lower weight capacity compared with other Total Gyms
- Not sized for very tall trainees (above 6 feet)
- Compared with more expensive Total Gyms the Supreme Total Gym has less padding for its Glideboard
Strength training is convenient and joint-friendly with a Total Gym Supreme in your home. This $529 unit is a definite crowd pleaser with customers at all fitness levels giving it enthusiastic reviews. The Supreme model is the simplest Total Gym in terms of its accessories, but it supports more than 60 exercises for strength, flexibility and cardio health. It arrives with several DVDs to guide you through the workout possibilities with demos and routines.
Home Gym Workouts
Accessories included with the Total Gym Supreme let you accomplish more than 60 exercises. The following instructional DVDs ship with the machine and show how to use the accessories.
- The Beginner Program DVD is a good way to get started with strength training to build lean muscle and burn fat.
- The Total Gym Basic Workout DVD featuring Rosalie Brown is an ideal follow-up. A more advanced disc featuring the same instructor is also included; it’s called Core Cable Flow Workout.
- A fourth DVD in the Supreme bundle is called the 6-8 Minute Workout DVD. It features a dozen workout routines for people who are pressed for time.
Other Total Gym workout DVDs are sold separately.
Total Gym Supreme Features
A Total Gym model consists of a Glideboard with pulleys and a different number of accessories. The Supreme home gym has the following attachments:
- Ab Crunch Accessory – This bestselling Total Gym accessory is useful for beginning to advanced abdominal crunches that lengthen your obliques, strengthen your core and improve your posture.
- Tri-Grip Shaper Bars – Tri-grip bars allow multiple handgrips so you can work different muscle groups in your upper body. Use them to tone your outer lat muscles, midback, biceps and more.
- Leg Pull Attachments – Total Gym leg pull accessories help tone your hamstrings and quadriceps.
- Squat Stand – Trim and tone your legs with the basic Total Gym squat stand. It telescopes for height adjustment.
The Total Gym Supreme frame can be folded to conserve floor space. The unfolded/folded dimensions are:
- Unfolded: 15.5″ W x 93″ L x 43.25″ H
- Folded: 15.5″ W x 50.5″ L x 8″ H
A bonus with the Supreme home gym is Dan Isaacson’s Nutritional Program and Meal Plan for weight loss and healthy eating. Isaacson is a well-known personal trainer in Hollywood and helped develop the Total Gym series.
Warranty & Guarantee
The Total Gym Supreme factory-direct warranty coverage includes:
- Frame: Two years
- Parts: One year
You can try the Total Gym Supreme with a money-back guarantee for at least 30 days. If you pay in full instead of installments, your trial period will be upgraded to 60 days. The gym ships for free, but you’ll be charged for shipping in case of return.
Total Gym customer reviews average more than 4 out of five stars. The Total Gym Supreme is the most affordable home gym on the manufacturer’s website — and although it’s the entry-level model the Supreme is durable and extremely versatile. This all-in-one gym is highly recommended for most individuals and families.