Fitbit Zip vs One: Proof That Quality Never Goes Out of Style
Fitbit has proven themselves to be the best when it comes to creating quality activity trackers. Yet despite creating newer, more inventive models it is two of their original devices that have proven to be the most popular: The Fitbit Zip and Fitbit One. These devices continue to be number one with consumers thanks to simplistic styling, easy usage and state-of-the art hardware. If you’re in the market for an activity tracker these two models are both great options. That’s why we’ve come up with this in-depth comparison of the Fitbit Zip vs One to help you figure out which one is right for you.
The Fitbit Brand: Technology At Its Best
Fitbit has been in business since 2007 and operates out of San Francisco, California. The men behind the company, James Park and Eric Friedman, understood how technology can empower and improve the world of fitness and set out to design a product to just that. They revolutionized the way society looked at their health by giving them the ability to monitor it for themselves.
The first device they released, simply called the Fitbit, tracked steps, calories and distance. It is now known as the Fitbit Classic. Since then they have introduced several new models: the Zip, One, Ultra, Flex, Force, Charge, Charge HR and Surge. Each model expanded on the assets of the previous one, giving consumers the latest technology and ground-breaking features all at their fingertips.
The Fitbit Zip
The Zip is a compact, wearable activity tracker that is simple in design but big on features. It is a clip-on style device, so no one needs to know you’re wearing it unless you want them to. Among its main selling points are:
• can clip securely to your shirt, jeans, bra, belt or even your bag to track calories burned, distance and steps taken.
• comes in multiple colors so you can make a statement if you want it to be seen,
• highly durable and water resistant so you don’t have t worry about it breaking down easily.
• has a long battery life that can go up to six months without recharging.
• Zip is on discount with ~20% off (Less than $50 only).
• can sync via Bluetooth to any device for deep analysis and use of Fitbit’s app that connects you with others and helps you set goals.
See Best Price
The Fibit One
The Fitibit One is a great device that gives you activity and sleep tracking in a sleek, compact design for twenty-four hour monitoring. Like the Zip the One also clips-on, but it has some added features:
• can clip securely to anywhere on you and tracks calories, distance, steps taken and floors climbed for a more accurate depiction of your movements.
• has a Velcro band to wear your One at night and track how long and how peacefully you sleep. This gives you an overall picture of your general health and realistic stats to compare your workouts to.
• Fitbit One is just about $90 with all Exclusive Features that Zip misses.
• has a silent alarm to wake you and not the person sleeping next to you.
• waterproof and rugged so you don’t have to worry if you get caught in the rain.
• can sync via Bluetooth to any PC or device for in-depth analysis and use of Fitbit’s app that connects you with others and helps you set goals.
See Best Price
The Fitbit One vs Zip: What Sets Them Apart?
While these two devices have many similar qualities, they are quite different when you compare design:
Style: Both are clip-on devices, but their shapes are different. The Zip is square and fits in the palm of your hand, measuring 0.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 inches. The One is slim and oblong, coming in at 0.2 x 0.8 x 2.2 inches. The Zip comes in blue, black, yellow and pink while the One is available in black or burgundy.
Both are lightweight at 0.3 ounces but I give the One a slight advantage because it has a more refined look.
Display: The Zip has and easy to use, tap-style display: just tap the screen and you can see the time or your daily statistics. The One has an OLED display that shows the time or stat info by scrolling. I give the Zip the advantage here because the display is easier to navigate thanks to the tap-style.
Water Resistance: Both devices are water resistant, though neither should be submerged in water for extended periods.
Battery: The Zip has a 3V coin battery that can last up to six months on a single charge. The One has a rechargeable, built-in battery that can last for up to two weeks and usually takes an hour to charge.
While the One has a built-in battery, the Zips long battery life gives it a clear edge.
Zip vs One Features: Pros & Cons
As you can see both of these devices are small but powerful and give you your moneys worth. Lets look at the pros and cons for each:
• Each tells you calories burned, steps and distance, while using Bluetooth technology to put you in contact with others to challenge yourself. However, the One also tracks sleep quality and floors climbed for more accurate statistics. It can differentiate between you walking across a floor or up, so your calories burned reflect the added exertion.
• Sleep tracking with the One allows you to see if your getting enough rest and gives you something to compare your activity stat to, so you know how hard your working and where you need to improve.
• The One can be worn continuously thanks to a Velcro band, so it can track sleep without worrying about it coming loose. However, the band is big and can take some getting used to.
• The Zip can clip anywhere and is discreet, but some people may forget to put it on in the morning if they are in a rush.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most asked questions by Fitbit consumers in regards to these products:
Q. How do we compare Zip and One when it comes to cost?
A. The Zip comes in at just under $50 while the One is just under $100. The Zip is a great bargain, but the One has two crucial features the Zip doesn’t, so it is equally worth the price.
Q. What Should I Consider When Comparing The Zip and One?
A. You should think about what your lifestyle is. For example, if you are always running around and forgetful you may prefer the One because of the Velcro band. Also, if you don’t climb stairs a lot the Zip might be a better alternative, as you would be paying for something you don’t use.
The Fibit Zip or One: Which Is Better?
When it comes to deciding which device is right for you there are a lot of variable that come into play. Overall, the One is the better bargain because of all the added features, particularly the sleep tracking. Monitoring your sleep is a great way to fully realize how healthy you are. Plus, the stairs climbed indicator makes it a more advanced device at a slightly higher price.
However, whichever device you chose will be a smart investment because they both give you the motivation and tools you need to get in shape and live a healthier life. These devices are both considered the best in their field by consumers thanks to grade-A technology and quality styling. No matter which one you choose, you can’t lose. Fitbit Zip is a half price of One that you should check it out at least.
See Best Price