The Proform Dual Bike/Rower is a hybrid, two-in-one workout machine: a recumbent bike and a rowing machine. The combination of the two offers a full body workout – the sculpting of the muscles by the rowing machine and the benefits of cardio from the recumbent bike. It comes with 24 pre-programmed workouts and 20 levels of resistance making it a good option for all fitness levels. The targeted pacer also helps to keep focus by guiding your efforts throughout your workout. The SpaceSaver® design makes it easy to fold up and move out of the way once you have finished your routine. All these features come at an affordable cost of $399.
|Model||Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower|
|Resistance Type||Silent Magnetic Resistance|
|Drive System||Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel|
|Pedals||Pedals with Straps|
|Display||LCD window display|
|Max. Weight||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||79" x 20.50” x 38.3”|
Parts & Labor: 1 days
Rating: 77.9/100. The Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower is a hybrid that combines the recumbent bike with a rowing machine. The blending of these two offer a full body workout for most, muscle sculpting from the rower and cardio from the recumbent – whether a beginner or at the intermediate/advanced fitness levels.
The 20 resistance levels guarantee a challenging workout and increased fitness. As you push through to new levels the SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance make the transitions smooth and quiet.
24 pre-programmed workouts are onboard, 12 for performance and 12 for burning calories. Created by certified personal trainers the programs are further broken down and designed specifically for each machine – 12 for the rower and 12 for the recumbent bike. There are enough choices to be challenging for beginners to intermediate levels of fitness.
The built in target pacer is akin to having a personal trainer keeping you on point. It tracks your effort against your fitness goals and encourages you to either speed up or slow down through light signals.
The large LCD screen makes it easy to view and follow your workout and results. The stats include your speed, distance, time, burned calories and rpm.
Ergonomic features include the padded seat that also adjusts to your frame, and a soft touch handle designed to minimize hand fatigue – makes for a comfortable workout which ultimately allows you to go the distance and focus on your goal.
Footrests keep your feet comfortable and securely in place.
The weight capacity is 350 lbs. which is a good standard as it means it can accommodate most users.
A heart rate sensor is a pretty standard device on a fitness equipment, however, one is not included in this design. A user will have to employ other options.
The SpaceSaver® design and the wheels make it nice and easy to fold up and move once you have finished working out.
- 2 in 1 machine – you have the convenience of getting a full body workout from one machine.
- 24 Onboard Workouts come already programmed; 12 for calorie burning and 12 for performance specifically designed for rowing and biking by certified personal trainers.
- Improve on your performance and strength with 20 levels of resistance.
- Large LCD monitor is easy to use. View your burned calories, rpm, distance, time and speed.
- The built in target pacer is your own personal trainer motivating through lights indicating when you need to speed up or slow down to reach your goals.
- The Inertia Enhanced Flywheel, performs smoothly and quietly as you maneuver through resistance levels.
- Ergonomic seat designed to adjust to your comfort level.
- Ergonomic soft touch handles are comfortable and designed to minimize hand fatigue.
- The space saver design and transport wheels make it easy to fold and move.
- Footrests with straps keep feet in place.
- Weight capacity of 350 lbs means most people can use it.
- Although it is a 2-in-1 and gives you a good full body workout, for the rowing enthusiast this is not on the same level as a single purpose rowing machine.
- No heart rate sensor
- Quality control: It seems some customers have received machines that were not aligned properly; so you take the risk of receiving a poorly made machine.
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike Rower fitness machine is a hybrid two-in-one machine, it’s a recumbent bike and it’s a rowing machine. The combination of the two gives a full body workout – the rower sculpts your muscles and the recumbent works your cardio. It comes programmed with 24 workouts and 20 levels of resistance. It easily folds up after a workout. It comes in at an affordable price point for the benefits of having two machines in one.
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower comes with 24 onboard workouts – 12 for performance and 12 for calorie burning. All programs are created by certified personal trainers and further broken down – six performance and six calorie burning for the rower and the same options for the bike. It also has 20 resistance levels, from light to butt burning. The wide range in selection provides full body development from beginner to intermediate and beyond.
Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower Features
20 Resistance Levels: The wide range of resistance allows the beginner to start light and the more advanced exerciser to feel the burn at the more challenging levels. Build overall body strength and endurance whatever your fitness level or goals.
24 Onboard Workouts: 24 workout programs come prepared with the Proform Dual Bike/Rower, 12 for performance and 12 for calorie burning.
Built in Target Pacer: The pacer keeps track of your goals and lets you know through light signals when you need to increase or decrease your speed and effort.
Large LCD monitor: Large, user friendly console tracks burned calories, rpm, distance, time and speed.
Ergonomic Seat: Padded seats adjust to fit your personal form.
Ergonomic Soft Touch Handles: Padded and designed for comfort and cuts down on hand fatigue.
Footrests: Comfortably and securely keep feet in place with the adjustable straps.
Warranty & Guarantee
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike/Rower warranty includes:
– Frame: Lifetime Warranty
– Parts and Labor : One year
The Proform Dual Trainer Bike Rower is a decent two–in-one fitness equipment. It isn’t for the serious rower, who will be better served by a single purpose rowing machine, but it works well for everyone else. The benefits of having both machines as one – full body workouts; space saver – are enough to consider for your home gym. Furthermore, the 24 programs and 20 resistance levels along with the ergonomic features and the cost make it a good choice.