Best NordicTrack Ellipticals of 2017
NordicTrack is a pioneer in the home elliptical trainer industry. Known for providing appealing "extras" at a wide range of overall performance levels, this brand designs an elliptical machine for every type of exerciser and fitness budget.
Highlights on most NordicTrack ellipticals are 7" web-enabled touchscreens, iFit-enabled consoles and power adjustable strides. The adjustable strides help ensure a comfortable fit and also let you adjust the machine to target your muscles a bit differently. Advanced models are equipped with power inclines too.
Sale prices for NordicTrack ellipticals start at just $799. The top models sell for $2,499 and $2,999 before discounts are applied. Each is sold with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. The manufacturer's warranty packages include parts coverage for one to five years depending on the model.
Top 5 Best Rated NordicTrack Ellipticals
NordicTrack C 9.5
NordicTrack C 7.5
Rating: 93.6 %
Rating: 93.3 %
Rating: 92.8 %
Rating: 92.7 %
Rating: 92.1 %
|Resistance||24 Levels||24 Levels||22 Levels||24 Levels||26 Levels|
|Stride Length||0" - 38"||18" - 20"||18" - 20"||18" - 20"||0" - 38"|
|Flywheel||20 lbs.||25 lbs||20 lbs||32 lbs.||20 lbs.|
|Pricing||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price||See Best Price|
NordicTrack Ellipticals Buying Guide
NordicTrack makes rear drive, front drive and center drive elliptical trainers for home gyms. As explained below, each design has advantages in terms of ergonomics and size. Each main type of elliptical is available in different price categories too.
The cheapest NordicTrack ellipticals are best for beginners and others who have lighter duty workouts. As prices increase, NordicTrack ellipticals become hardier and carry more generous warranties. The best NordicTrack ellipticals are also smoother-running and can offer greater resistance thanks to their heavier flywheels. (The current flywheel weight range for this brand is 18 pounds to 32 pounds.) The top NordicTrack elliptical trainers show off the brand’s best technology such as touchscreen displays and power ramps for increased calorie burn and enhanced muscle definition.
Full price ranges from $1,299 to $2,999 depending on the model:
- Online sale prices for NordicTrack ellipticals are as low as $799 and $999 for models with simpler displays and lighter flywheels.
- Sale prices for the all-around best NordicTrack ellipticals are $1,499 and $1,699.
Waiting for online elliptical sales is wise because you can save up to $1,000!
Why choose a rear drive elliptical machine? Many exercisers find that these cardio trainers support the most natural motion. In fact, the rear drive was the first type of elliptical machine invented; the others were devised later to get around its patent protections. NordicTrack has paid for rights to use the original rear drive design.
- The NordicTrack SE7i Elliptical is often sale priced at just $999 and is best for beginners. Its entry level features include grip sensors for heart rate monitoring, an 18-pound flywheel and an 18″ stride length that’s best for not-so-tall trainees. This trainer has a 5″ LED screen. It’s among the industry’s most easily assembled ellipticals; expect to have the job done in about 15 minutes.
- The NordicTrack SE9i is frequently sale priced at $1,499. It provides wireless heart rate monitoring, an 18-pound flywheel and an 18″ stride. This trainer has a 7″ touchscreen with web browser. Unlike the SE7i, it is enabled for interactive workouts by iFit.
Front drive elliptical trainers demand less space than rear drive ellipticals do. Some people find that they’re easier to mount and dismount too when compared with those using the classic rear drive design.
NordicTrack makes five front drive ellipticals. These fall into three series:
- The simplest is the E Series, which has 20-pound flywheels. Both ellipticals in this collection are iFit-enabled, have 18″ to 20″ power adjustable strides, and have power inclines of 3° to 20°.
- The mid-level front drive elliptical by NordicTrack is the C Series 9.5 with a 25-pound flywheel. This trainer has an 18″ to 20″ power adjustable stride and a power incline range of 0° to 20°. For entertainment and interactive workout programming it has a 7″ web-enabled touchscreen and is iFit-enabled.
- One top front drive ellipticals from this brand is the Elite 12.9. Consider this model for features such as 32-pound flywheels and a high definition TV.
Center drive NordicTrack ellipticals are called A.C.T. Commercial or Mid-Mech Commercial. Center drive ellipticals are favored for their compact designs and for helping trainees keep their balance. Some people burn the most calories with this type of elliptical trainer because the design doesn’t encourage them to lean against the trainer.
The three high quality options are the A.C.T. Commercial, A.C.T. 7 and A.C.T. 10. Each is iFit-enabled. All of the models have 18″ to 22″ power adjustable strides and flywheels weighing 23 or 25 pounds. Some include wireless heart rate monitoring and/or touchscreen displays with Android web browsers.
More NordicTrack Ellipticals
The following did not make the Top 5 NordicTrack Ellipticals, but are still worth a look: